Would we be playing the Saints today?

Doc Draper

Would we be playing the Saints today?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If Bruce signed Cousins?

• Yes
    • No

I’m happy for Kirk. He deserved all of this considering the amount of crap the media heaps upon him for absolutely no reason whatsoever. I’d love to see him win the Super Bowl just to watch Bomani Jones racist head explode.

With that said, the divorce was needed. It didn’t go down the way it should’ve as trading him would’ve been the best outcome for the team but Kirk wanted out. He simply didn’t want to be here and he hated Bruce. Kirk got out of here before we ruined his career. 

• Like 3

For the record, I voted that they wouldn't have been playing the Saints today for three reasons:

1. Bruce Allen
  2. Jay Gruden
  3. Greg Manusky

Yes, having Kirk Cousins on the 2019 Washington Redskins roster would have lead to more wins ... but 6 or 7. Not good enough to make the playoffs, not bad enough to get rid of those people. They needed to burn the whole thing to the ground.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Dilfer also won a SB. Does that invalidate any of Brady's SB wins?

Yes, other QBs won playoff games. But the knock on Kirk was that he could not win in crunch time.

Rewatch that game and tell me that Cousins didn't show up and lead that team (especially in OT on the GW drive). You can't.

i knew cuz could win in crunch when he beat Seattle with us with the whole line hurt

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i knew cuz could win in crunch when he beat Seattle with us with the whole line hurt

That’s right, forgot about that game. He was awesome in the fourth quarter of that game and Doctson made a heck of a catch that game. Oh what could have been bc if 2017 Kirk &Jay were learning how best to use Doctson (6 TDs, 5 in the second half of 2017) & it wasn’t as a precise route runner, it was more as a contested catch WR who would make plays on the ball in the air and if given changes on 50/50 balls a lot of times he’d come down with it.

Edited by turtle28

16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Dilfer also won a SB. Does that invalidate any of Brady's SB wins?

Yes, other QBs won playoff games. But the knock on Kirk was that he could not win in crunch time.

Rewatch that game and tell me that Cousins didn't show up and lead that team (especially in OT on the GW drive). You can't.

Tell me the Vikings D didn't have ALOT to do with that win as well just like the Trent Dilfer while with the Raven's. That D crushed Drew Brees. Also that Bears D carried them to a SuperBowl not Grossman. 

Now I will agree Cousin's did his thing in OT. He did get that monkey off his back, but still for 84 million guaranteed I'm not satisfied without a SuperBowl if I'm the Vikings. 

No.  Kirk, like most QB's, needs a complete team around him to get to succeed.  There's a reason Tannehill has looked lights-out on the Titans after looking below-average for most of his career on the Dolphins.  Both the Minnesota and Tennessee rosters are stacked.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Tell me the Vikings D didn't have ALOT to do with that win as well just like the Trent Dilfer while with the Raven's. That D crushed Drew Brees. Also that Bears D carried them to a SuperBowl not Grossman. 

Now I will agree Cousin's did his thing in OT. He did get that monkey off his back, but still for 84 million guaranteed I'm not satisfied without a SuperBowl if I'm the Vikings. 

I thought all that mattered was wins and losses for QBs?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Those with all these reason why Kirk wouldn't do this or that, please have this same Energy with Haskins. 

I love Haskins, you know that, but here is what you are missing. Re-signing Kirk in 2016 or 17 would have made the Redskins current roster better.

1. We’d have an established good QB starting capable of throwing for 4,000 yds and 30 TDs in a season.

2. We’d still have Adrian Peterson - who we should have traded for in 2017 when he wanted out of New Orleans. 

3. We wouldn’t have trade Kendall Fuller and a 3rd round pick for Alex Smith. And we’d actually have a QB in Kirk who was earning his contract on the field instead of having an injured QB take up $20 million in cap space last season and next season at the least.

4. We wouldn’t have drafted Haskins last year. With the 15th pick we could’ve taken Brian Burns or Montez Sweat. That means we would have picked in round 2 and that we’d have our 2nd round pick in this years draft.

So, Kirk + Fuller + Mark Andrews/Orlando Brown/Mason Rudolph/Michael Gallup/Tyquan Smith + Greedy Williams/AJ Brown/Miles Sanders/MeCole Hardman/Taylor Rapp etc + our 2020 2nd round pick:

Is better then having Alex Smith being injured and taking up $20 mil in cap space + Haskins.