Would we be playing the Saints today?

Doc Draper

Would we be playing the Saints today?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If Bruce signed Cousins?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I love Haskins, you know that, but here is what you are missing. Re-signing Kirk in 2016 or 17 would have made the Redskins current roster better.

1. We’d have an established good QB starting capable of throwing for 4,000 yds and 30 TDs in a season.

2. We’d still have Adrian Peterson - who we should have traded for in 2017 when he wanted out of New Orleans. 

3. We wouldn’t have trade Kendall Fuller and a 3rd round pick for Alex Smith. And we’d actually have a QB in Kirk who was earning his contract on the field instead of having an injured QB take up $20 million in cap space last season and next season at the least.

4. We wouldn’t have drafted Haskins last year. With the 15th pick we could’ve taken Brian Burns or Montez Sweat. That means we would have picked in round 2 and that we’d have our 2nd round pick in this years draft.

So, Kirk + Fuller + Mark Andrews/Orlando Brown/Mason Rudolph/Michael Gallup/Tyquan Smith + Greedy Williams/AJ Brown/Miles Sanders/MeCole Hardman/Taylor Rapp etc + our 2020 2nd round pick:

Is better then having Alex Smith being injured and taking up $20 mil in cap space + Haskins.

I would've drafted Deshawn Watson and Jonathan Allen in the same draft. So in my plan Haskins wouldn't be a Redskin either. All I'm saying is being though we do have Haskins make sure he gets his fair share of excuses like Cousin's was. Haskins played way less game's in College and started with a coach who didn't even let him get into the playbook. 

I'm not gonna make this a big back and forth, so I'll just Agree to Disagree now with anyone who doesn't understand me.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I would've drafted Deshawn Watson and Jonathan Allen in the same draft. So in my plan Haskins wouldn't be a Redskin either. All I'm saying is being though we do have Haskins make sure he gets his fair share of excuses like Cousin's was. Haskins played way less game's in College and started with a coach who didn't even let him get into the playbook. 

I'm not gonna make this a big back and forth, so I'll just Agree to Disagree now with anyone who doesn't understand me.

That’s clearly not what you’ve been saying since you joined this board but it is what it is.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s clearly not what you’ve been saying since you joined this board but it is what it is.

I haven't said what? Maybe you should check the Things Other Than Redskins Forum. I clearly said Cousin's would've been traded to San Fran for the #2 pick in the 2017 draft so I could get Watson! 

Edited by Skins212689

34 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I haven't said what? Maybe you should check the Things Other Than Redskins Forum. I clearly said Cousin's would've been traded to San Fran for the #2 pick in the 2017 draft so I could get Watson! 

That’s what you said lately - like w/in the past few days - you weren’t saying that months ago when you first joined and were killing Kirk for being good but not winning enough in big games.

Probably not because Jay Gruden would still be coach and he was too weak to fire his defensive coordinator despite crap results.  Cousins and the consistency on offense would have gotten us a couple more wins, but Gruden/Manusky will always result in mediocrity. 

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s what you said lately - like w/in the past few days - you weren’t saying that months ago when you first joined and were killing Kirk for being good but not winning enough in big games.

He finally overcame a hump and I'm being a Man and congratulating him that's it that's all.

I still wouldn't want him over Haskins or Watson though. I still believe he needs to Win a SuperBowl to live up to that 84 million dollar guranteed contract. Also I don't see him winning the SuperBowl this year having to face both the Seahawks and 49ers as I posted as well. 

KIRK COUSIN'S WOULDN'T BE A REDSKINS IF I WAS IN CHARGE. Yet I'm mature enough to congratulate the guy for FINALLY WINNING a Real Meaningful game. I can't take away what he did in OT. How is that back tracking anything I previously have said? 

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He finally overcame a hump and I'm being a Man and congratulating him that's it that's all.

I still wouldn't want him over Haskins or Watson though. I still believe he needs to Win a SuperBowl to live up to that 84 million dollar guranteed contract. Also I don't see him winning the SuperBowl this year having to face both the Seahawks and 49ers as I posted as well. 

KIRK COUSIN'S WOULDN'T BE A REDSKINS IF I WAS IN CHARGE. Yet I'm mature enough to congratulate the guy for FINALLY WINNING a Real Meaningful game. I can't take away what he did in OT. How is that back tracking anything I previously have said? 

That's fine, but be sure that any QB who is consistently putting up 4,000 yards and best or over 30 TD seasons is doing their part for the team they are to win. If we had the running game we have now - or that Cousins has in Minny - and a top 10 D, her would have won 9 to 10 games every year he started in DC.

If Haskins does the same and our running game remains consistent along with our D being top 10, he will win games because teams win games, not any one player, but the entire team.

No player ever won or lost a game only by himself.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That's fine, but be sure that any QB who is consistently putting up 4,000 yards and best or over 30 TD seasons is doing their part for the team they are to win. If we had the running game we have now - or that Cousins has in Minny - and a top 10 D, her would have won 9 to 10 games every year he started in DC.

If Haskins does the same and our running game remains consistent along with our D being top 10, he will win games because teams win games, not any one player, but the entire team.

No player ever won or lost a game only by himself.

Just make sure you say these samethings for Haskins. You know like that top 10 defense and running game. 

Edited by Skins212689

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Just make sure you say these samethings for Haskins. You know like that top 10 defense and running game. 

I absolutely love Haskins, more than anyone in this forum. He went to HS 10 minutes from where I live in Maryland and he went to my favorite college team - Ohio State - so be sure I will give Haskins a lot of slack and opportunity to develop.

People that have been on this forum as long as me know that. I actually believe in young players and want to give them time to develop too much, I do it to a fault.

I didn't even want to get rid of Jason Campbell in 2010. I wanted the Shanahan’s to coach him for a year to see how he could develop in their system. I was very very late to the game in replacing RG3 too. So much so they I got banned for a month after Gruden/McCloughan chose Kirk.over RG3 in 2015 for some of the things I said after that decision was made.

So, I'll defend Haskins more than anyone, I promise you that.

Haskins is already better than Cousins.

Had a 143.2 rating vs Giants before he hurt his ankle & was kept out. His rookie season!!

I don't think Cousins ever had a game, with a better rating while here, his whole tenure.

What Haskins accomplished his rookie season alone starting with 2 wins, 5 losses, 7 TD's & 3 INT's in that span.

Cousins had 18 TD & 19 INT's in his first 3 years as as a starter, in a total of 9 games starting.

Cousins was 2-7 in those starts. 

Passing percentage?

Cousins was .589%

Haskins was .586%

Basically, what experience &  production we got from Cousins in the 3 years he was here under RG3.

We got from Haskins in 1.

Cousins had more passing yards... Thats it!

If Haskins plays his career, the way he did his last 2 games of the season?

He will not only blow away anything Cousins does, but will have more playoff success as a Redskin & become the Redskins all-time passing leader.

14 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Haskins is already better than Cousins.

Had a 143.2 rating vs Giants before he hurt his ankle & was kept out. His rookie season!!

I don't think Cousins ever had a game, with a better rating while here, his whole tenure.

What Haskins accomplished his rookie season alone starting with 2 wins, 5 losses, 7 TD's & 3 INT's in that span.

Cousins had 18 TD & 19 INT's in his first 3 years as as a starter, in a total of 9 games starting.

Cousins was 2-7 in those starts. 

Passing percentage?

Cousins was .589%

Haskins was .586%

Basically, what experience &  production we got from Cousins in the 3 years he was here under RG3.

We got from Haskins in 1.

Cousins had more passing yards... Thats it!

If Haskins plays his career, the way he did his last 2 games of the season?

He will not only blow away anything Cousins does, but will have more playoff success as a Redskin & become the Redskins all-time passing leader.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29881acc9082679d9e48

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Dude is like a jilted bride with Cousins.

It’s unbelievable, I thought it would end now that Kirk has been gone two years and we have had two worse seasons on offense w/o Kirk as our QB, but haters gonna hate I guess!