Would we be playing the Saints today?

Doc Draper

Would we be playing the Saints today?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If Bruce signed Cousins?

• Yes
    • No

16 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Had a 143.2 rating vs Giants before he hurt his ankle & was kept out. His rookie season!!

I don't think Cousins ever had a game, with a better rating while here, his whole tenure.

5 times (6 if we're not counting completed games lol)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

5 times (6 if we're not counting completed games lol)

I mean, it’s like they have never seen Cousins throw for 300-400 yards and 2 or 3 TDs in a game which, happens regularly during the regular season. That’s why he’s gotten 4,000 plus yards and near or over 30 TDs every year he’s been a starter.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:56 AM, mar29020 said:

i knew cuz could win in crunch when he beat Seattle with us with the whole line hurt

When he was our starter he was something like 5th in the league in 4Q comebacks. Quite a lot of those were squandered by our defense. And he actually did win in many crunch time games. But I'm happy to see him do it in the playoffs and in the manner he did. Shut up quite a few people I know.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 11:46 AM, Skins212689 said:

Tell me the Vikings D didn't have ALOT to do with that win as well just like the Trent Dilfer while with the Raven's. That D crushed Drew Brees. Also that Bears D carried them to a SuperBowl not Grossman. 

Now I will agree Cousin's did his thing in OT. He did get that monkey off his back, but still for 84 million guaranteed I'm not satisfied without a SuperBowl if I'm the Vikings. 

We've been over the contract. I've been on record since he was franchised a 2nd time that I wouldn't pay him that much $$.

Not sure where you're going with the Grossman thing. but that validates my point.

Dilfer did next to nothing for most of the playoff wins that year (one playoff game his completion % was 33% IIRC). He literally was along for the ride that year.

And yes, the Vikings D did have a lot to do with that win. That also underscores my point that you can't just use W/L record as a singular stat for a QB. Glad you're agreeing that W/L is a team stat and not a QB stat.

My point has always been (since W/L is a team stat) to look at HOW the QB played in the game. And without him playing like he did and leading that OT drive, they don't win. So kudos to you and others for giving him credit. Because I can bet my house that if he had come up short on that drive and thrown a pick 6 or something, that would be used as ammo about how he "can't win a big game". 

Again, kudos for giving him props. I'm rooting for the Vikings simply because my brother is  big fan of theirs. But I don't think they make it past this week. 

• Like 1

Lol...Cousins coming up short again in a big game.

Yea, very glad we moved on. 🏈😃

Quote that is so true...

1/9/2020 at 8:03 PM, volsmet said:

Imagine seeing the day where Drew Brees was so awful that people thought it made Kirk worth 30 million. Extraordinary.

Kirk Cousins is garbage

Edited by aceinthehouse

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Lol...Cousins coming up short again in a big game.

Yea, very glad we moved on. 🏈😃

Quote that is so true...

1/9/2020 at 8:03 PM, volsmet said:

Imagine seeing the day where Drew Brees was so awful that people thought it made Kirk worth 30 million. Extraordinary.

Kirk Cousins is garbage

He outplayed Jimmy G but neither of them played a good game, Theilen stopped his route on the interception & Diggs dropped a huge pass which would’ve put the Vikings inside the 10. The rest of the Vikings sucked though today while the rest of the 49ers were awesome!

Just another example of why a win or loss is a TEAM stat, and not only a QB stat.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I want Jimmie Ward or Anthony Harris as a free agent FS signing in March! Both of them played well this year.

Ward is a beast but he’s gonna get big big money. I’m about to start my real breakdown breakdown on DBs soon I really kinda hope they can work with apke he has the tools

i believe he works hard I believe that will make this staff believe. Didnt apke play against carolina when our D looked the best?

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Ward is a beast but he’s gonna get big big money. I’m about to start my real breakdown breakdown on DBs soon I really kinda hope they can work with apke he has the tools

i believe he works hard I believe that will make this staff believe. Didnt apke play against carolina when our D looked the best?

He didn’t start vs Carolina. He played most of the game vs San Fran after Nicholson got hurt and he had 6 tackles and an int of Garapolo.

Then, he started vs Minnesota and Buffalo. He had 3 tackles vs Minny and 7 tackles vs Buffalo.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He outplayed Jimmy G but neither of them played a good game, Theilen stopped his route on the interception & Diggs dropped a huge pass which would’ve put the Vikings inside the 10. The rest of the Vikings sucked though today while the rest of the 49ers were awesome!

Just another example of why a win or loss is a TEAM stat, and not only a QB stat.

Yup!

And @aceinthehouse, good to see you again. You've been kinda quiet this past week about him.