Divisional Round: MIN@SF (1:35PM PST)

Manny/Patrick

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Vikings busted loose from some huge plays vs the Saints.  Going to be interesting to see if they're able to get those big chunks of yards vs an elite defense.  They played well today.  I'm hoping for a close game and nobody getting hurt.

Hasn’t that defense been in a bit of a slump?

i expect a close game, it seems these teams are very similar. Jimmy G’s first playoff start? What’s the success rate of that?

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Hasn’t that defense been in a bit of a slump?

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig time. Injuries derailed it a bit, some obviously statistical regression, and of course playing better competition (Games 1-8, best quarterback faced was Goff / Murray, with guys like Dalton, Rudolph, kyle allen and baker thrown in there. Games 9 - 16, we faced Lamar, Rodgers, Wilson 2x, Brees, Ryan with Goff / Murray being the worst quarterbacks we faced). 

All signs are pointing to getting Kwon Alexander, Dee Ford and Tartt back for this game. Ford is tricky because his injury is a hamstring, so those can just randomly flair up, but from an impact standpoint, he's been huge. The biggest flaw of the defense is that we can't get home any more. Ford can correct that. Alexander is a big get against you guys specifically, given the lack of 3 receiver sets and the frequency with which we will probably have all three linebackers on the field, and Tartt is huge for the passing game because his back up is really not good. That should help some of the woes. 

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

i expect a close game, it seems these teams are very similar. Jimmy G’s first playoff start? What’s the success rate of that?

Not great, recently, but there are so many variables to that situation that it really isn't applicable. Some guys win, some guys lose. Some may have lost with teams that were favored, some may have lost with teams that weren't considered to have a real shot, etc. He doesn't get overwhelmed in big spots, so I don't think that it will be an issue. If he struggles, I think it's more likely that you guys just played a good game more so than he wilted under the lights or something. I haven't really seen him shrink from moments. 

From here on out when talking about Kirk I will replace every c with the letter K. 

Kaptain Kirk™ is about to have a magikal Flakko play off run while showing no merky at all. You kan't keep Kaptain Kirk™ Kousins down forever. He has been waiting for this moment his whole life. Time to unleash the beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go64YPYDxEA

• Like 1