Divisional Round: MIN@SF (1:35PM PST)

Manny/Patrick

35 minutes ago, bomont said:

Isn't hindsight wonderful?

Yes. In this case it shows how wrong you were.

NBD man, we all make bad predictions, God knows I've made plenty myself. I thought this game was going to be close. I did not think SF's defense would be that stout.

Edited by childofpudding

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

IMHO I would take NE, Buffalo and Baltimore over SF's defense right now. Baltimore's second half of the season was as good as anything.

The 49ers in the first half of the season with (almost) this personnel were on pace to set modern NFL records for Passing ANY/A, Yds/Gm, Y/A, etc. They are legitimately that good with Tartt, Ford, and Kwon Alexander in on defense. That's a fragile thing - they were much, much worse with those pieces out, especially when both Tartt and Ford couldn't play at the same time. But when all of the pieces are there, they are an imperious unit statistically.

• Like 1

No one here can be serious mentioning the Patriots 2019 defense vs the 2K Ravens defense. Four shutouts, I get it was a different era, but still, having 4 games and not only not giving up a field goal, but they had a terrible offense. Also, the defense shut out the Giants in the Super Bowl, there lone score was a special teams touchdown.

Not even remotely close.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

IMHO I would take NE, Buffalo and Baltimore over SF's defense right now. Baltimore's second half of the season was as good as anything.

Hardly a fair fight when the 49ers were missing 4 starters for most of the second half

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

So you want a coach for 5 years who sucks for 4 years but has 1 or 2 good years? Is that your goal?

Philly Rankings

• 13 12
  • 4 4
  • 23 12
  • 10 15

Tennessee Rankings: 

• 25 25
  • 10 11
  • 12 13
  • 27 30
  • 19 29
  • 32 31
  • 5 8 
  • 7 2

Detroit Rankings:

• 32 32
  • 21 19
  • 23 23
  • 13 27
  • 16 15

Buffalo Ranking

• 4 4

From Browns Forum: 

He's had 5 top 5 DVOA Defensive Efficiency Defenses starting with the Tennessee Titans DC (#1 in 2007; #5 in 2008), then in Buffalo (#2 in 2014); and in Philidaelphia (#4 in 2016; #5 in 2017).

Not sustaining it is a roster issue if you’d actually been paying attention to his teams over the years. Who the Eagles got in that secondary? Worst or second worst secondary in the league. Second worst might be generous. 

Jim is a Defensive Genius without question. 

2 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Any chance the Vikings listen to trade offers for Diggs this offseason?

9 million dead cap vs 14.5 to keep him.

His numbers overall were still very good even with Thielen missing lots of time or playing at half speed for some games.

I don't think he's going anywhere next year.