Divisional Round: MIN@SF (1:35PM PST)

Manny/Patrick

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Armstead!! He going to be in Vegas next season 

And then probably be someone a team is looking to make a cap-casualty a couple years later.  Nothing personal against Armstead, but I remember years upon years of Niners fans waiting for him to turn the corner and it never happened until he had all kinds of premium draft assets planted all around him.  That's the sort of guy that gets overpaid and then rarely lives up to his contract.

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Stefon Diggs just absolutely buried Witherspoon lololololol

"Ohhh, My Beloved! O Men of the desert! Did I not promise you this day a Miracle- and was this not so? Let cities shudder, and mountains tremble, and let NONE DOUBT that ***STEFON DIGGS*** is The Expected One! The TRUE! MAHDI!!" 

Image result for Laurence Olivier The Mahdi KhartoumImage result for stefon diggs scores touchdown vs 49ers playoffs
Edited by bzane
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

And then probably be someone a team is looking to make a cap-casualty a couple years later.  Nothing personal against Armstead, but I remember years upon years of Niners fans waiting for him to turn the corner and it never happened until he had all kinds of premium draft assets planted all around him.  That's the sort of guy that gets overpaid and then rarely lives up to his contract.

So it’s false hope ☹️ Damn you dream killer

Just now, The LBC said:

Agree and disagree. I am concerned about a big money contract for him, no doubt. As you said, he hasn't done this before.

But there are also mitigating circumstances. His first 2 years, he was a 3-4 DE, which is a completely different job than a pass rusher. Since then, he's been bounced around the line some - he even played 1 tech last year, which isn't a major pass rushing job either. Now he's in a wide 9, and it's not impossible that is a great fit for him.

The problem is that if I were making a comp moving forward, it's probably Trey Flowers? 8 sacks and very good run defense? And that market is 18 million...which seems steep for that?

• Like 1