Divisional Round: MIN@SF (1:35PM PST)

Manny/Patrick

Just now, Forge said:

I don't hate him, but he's probably the worst of the three running backs most often, and I thought his addition was unnecessary (i've been a fan of mostert as a running back for a while)

It's funny you mentioned Beasley. If we hadn't given up a second for Ford, I'd actually consnider that give the cost differences. I've been thinking about it.

Beasley could have success if he's like, the 6th or 7th pass rusher. If you need him to be THE GUY to get to the QB (this was the case in ATL), you're in trouble. He's honestly much better in coverage than he is as a pass rusher, but if you leave him in coverage most of the time and every now and then rushing with him, he might get decent production on a good defense. I honestly think the best scheme fit for Vic Beasley is as a 3-4 OLB.

Basically, Beasley is a JAG. He's just a dude. He's not the worst player to ever exist and he has some amount of talent, but he's not good enough to be the guy on defense. If he went to SF he might get production just because the other guys around him are just so good.