Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, PapaShogun said:

True. The defense has been crap for 5 straight. Still, guys are slated to come by. It will have been two weeks. Just don't see the Vikings as a team that is some juggernaut force now that has some other fans spooked.

No. Lis, they aren't an overwhelming team. One capable of beating us? Absolutely. It'll be a good game. 

I said it way earlier in the year that the Packers, saints, niners and Vikings could all beat way l each other on any given day. Still think that's true. 

Come out, play well, handle our business and we should win

I'm expecting a Niner win but just not sure by how much but should win.

I'm more worried about the NFC title game as I think the Packers beat either the Seahawks/Eagles and very scared of Aaron Rodgers as I know it won't be a repeat of the Niners SN beatdown earlier this year. If the Packers came to Levi and beat the Niners I will just has as angry as I was when Favre would always beat the Niners in the 90's. 

11 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

True. The defense has been crap for 5 straight. Still, guys are slated to come by. It will have been two weeks. Just don't see the Vikings as a team that is some juggernaut force now that has some other fans spooked.

Their defense is the problem. Our interior O-Line is suspect and our OTs have been hit or miss routinely. If our defense had kept up their level of play throughout the year, I would probably be right there with you. But they've been susceptible the past 6 weeks and so I think we need more from our offense. And that's going to be hard versus that defense.

In a close, defensive game, you worry about one little mistake or a costly turnover sending you home. Those scenarios tend to favor the underdog, who can play loose and with nothing to lose. Nobody expecting the Vikes to make it past the Saints. They're playing with house money. Just the kind of team that in a close game and things get tight and pressure mounts, that can force a great team to cave under the weight of the moment. We saw it somewhat with the Saints. Those kind of teams are dangerous. Everyone is expecting us to win. That narrative creates anxiety and pressure that some players may succumb to. 

Are we the better team? I wholeheartedly believe we are. I dont fear the Vikes. But I do understand that they present a match-up problem for us. The last time we had this kind of match-up, we passed with flying colors versus the Panthers. That seems like ages ago though. Defense is not playing at that level and that's what concerns me. Its a concern but not fear...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I'm expecting a Niner win but just not sure by how much but should win.

I'm more worried about the NFC title game as I think the Packers beat either the Seahawks/Eagles and very scared of Aaron Rodgers as I know it won't be a repeat of the Niners SN beatdown earlier this year. If the Packers came to Levi and beat the Niners I will just has as angry as I was when Favre would always beat the Niners in the 90's. 

did u hear, the game was moved to Monday night? It was really. No need to check. Monday night. See u there, friend. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Their defense is the problem. Our interior O-Line is suspect and our OTs have been hit or miss routinely. If our defense had kept up their level of play throughout the year, I would probably be right there with you. But they've been susceptible the past 6 weeks and so I think we need more from our offense. And that's going to be hard versus that defense.

In a close, defensive game, you worry about one little mistake or a costly turnover sending you home. Those scenarios tend to favor the underdog, who can play loose and with nothing to lose. Nobody expecting the Vikes to make it past the Saints. They're playing with house money. Just the kind of team that in a close game and things get tight and pressure mounts, that can force a great team to cave under the weight of the moment. We saw it somewhat with the Saints. Those kind of teams are dangerous. Everyone is expecting us to win. That narrative creates anxiety and pressure that some players may succumb to. 

Are we the better team? I wholeheartedly believe we are. I dont fear the Vikes. But I do understand that they present a match-up problem for us. The last time we had this kind of match-up, we passed with flying colors versus the Panthers. That seems like ages ago though. Defense is not playing at that level and that's what concerns me. Its a concern but not fear...

Could go any which way, but even my negative arse lately does recognize the possibilities. Getting guys like Ford, Tarrt, Alexander back... and that is after guys like Bosa, Sanders, etc get a good restful week. Good stuff. Our IOL as u point out, not being horrific and potentially growing. 

Anything can happen... but NOT having to track the evasion of a Greased Midget will set our guys far more FREE... and that should crush. 

I still agree that our O will have to do their share... maybe more, if Salad goes full WUSS. Not at all the worst of matchups for us, imho.

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

As long as the Niners don't make dumb mistakes and playcalling they should be fine against the Vikings. Need to exploit the Vikings secondary by putting TD's up on the board early and thus force the Vikings to be 1 dimensional on offense so Dalvin Cook can't carry the rock. Also hopefully Kirk Cousins reverts back to his unclutch ways.

I don't think I have to say this, but I will just for the sake of it. 

This game is a playoff game big for both franchises. We have two of the bigger fan bases on the site, and two of the best traveled as well (a lot of us move about the forum), and two of the most active. We like to talk. 

Please be welcoming and cordial to any Vikings fans that may wander in; they are not trolls and don't mean ill, just want to talk about the game. And likewise, they will be the same for us in theirs. 

That being said, an appropriate amount of crap talking is to be expected by all niner fans :P

We have a great group here, so I wouldn't expect issues. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think I have to say this, but I will just for the sake of it. 

This game is a playoff game big for both franchises. We have two of the bigger fan bases on the site, and two of the best traveled as well (a lot of us move about the forum), and two of the most active. We like to talk. 

Please be welcoming and cordial to any Vikings fans that may wander in; they are not trolls and don't mean ill, just want to talk about the game. And likewise, they will be the same for us in theirs. 

That being said, an appropriate amount of crap talking is to be expected by all niner fans :P

We have a great group here, so I wouldn't expect issues. 

SKOL?

Congrats on the SB victory guys. I had Saints winning it all and had you guys as the 2nd best team. 

- Packers Matchup Terribly with you guys. You’ll win, although a much closer game. 

- The Vikings are like a weaker version of your team. Might be close, but a loss there would basically be a choke job. 

- Seahawks are getting blown out in a Trilogy if they face you. 

- You will beat the Ravens in a rematch

- You will blowout the Texans or Titans

The only team, on paper, that matches up really well against you guys is the Chiefs. And I don’t think they are making the SB. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The Vikings are like a weaker version of your team. Might be close, but a loss there would basically be a choke job. 

I don't think that's the case at all. I think both teams are very similar. I wouldn't consider them weaker. Maybe less consistent this year though with playing up to their talent

If we come out fast it will be a blowout. If not, it will come down to the last few minutes. Basically, if we can force Cousins to throw, our pass defense will dominate. If it comes down to Cook against our run defense, I’m less confident of a runaway victory. Either way, I think this will end in a W.