Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Alright, we now know our opponent and honestly I don't know how to feel about it. Vikings had not beaten a good team all season but looked like the better team vs the Saints for majority of the game and went on the road and won in NO which is not easy at all. Their defense also contained the Saints offense, something no team has been able to do for damn near two months.

Saying that, I feel like we are the better team and have a fairly dominant performance.

SF 30 Minny 20

• Like 4

First thought is, our OL will need a B+/A type of performance. 

Second thought is, we can not allow the giving up of every route underneath. Kirk will love taking that all day.

Third thought is, Cook is really good, but because Cousins is a statue (basically), we can contain him. 

Minnesota definitely has some matchups in their favor, but I think we can potentially scorch them on the back end. Harrison Smith is elite and I think he’ll get his. But I don’t see how this offense doesn’t just start gashing them once softened.

saints are really bullish on offense and it’s consistently gotten them in trouble this year. I don’t see Shanny falling into that issue for a whole game.

Just now, John232 said:

Minnesota definitely has some matchups in their favor, but I think we can potentially scorch them on the back end. Harrison Smith is elite and I think he’ll get his. But I don’t see how this offense doesn’t just start gashing them once softened.

saints are really bullish on offense and it’s consistently gotten them in trouble this year. I don’t see Shanny falling into that issue for a whole game.

Brees arm in the playoffs for three consecutive years has fallen off a bit in the playoffs. Was off on some passes today and couldn't complete anything past 10 yards of the LOS. 

Our OL will definitely be tested though. Saints have the best bookend duo in the game and the Vikings DL still wrecked havoc.

One thing going in our favor is the game will be on Satueday and tho Vikings have to travel across the country. 

Defense better come ready to play. Their defense looked good today, and that Saints offense at home isn't really a joke. Cook is probably going to get his no matter what, so it may come down to shutting down the passing game. Their offensive line has good games and some really bad ones, and it's going to be vitally important that we make Cousins uncomfortable. He also has a bad tendency to fumble, so we absolutely have to get home now and again and make that possible. 

This is where having Tartt is so important. Vikings rely on the run for their deep PA shots and our back end needs to be very disciplined. 

This is a game where I think Sanders has a big game and none of the Vikings corners will be able to match up with him. 

Hopefully, the travel the Vikings have to do helps us. Short week, I haven't heard whether or not they are heading home first, but going from MN to NO to MN to SF is a lot in a short time. Hopefully we show up healthy and ready to go. 

Man, the pass rush really needs to show up. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely. 

That’s about right. 

Damn, that's a big open. I think that's going to come down throughout the week. I don't think I can bet it because i don't want to wager money against the 49ers in the playoffs, but i will admit that kind of spread is tempting. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Damn, that's a big open. I think that's going to come down throughout the week. I don't think I can bet it because i don't want to wager money against the 49ers in the playoffs, but i will admit that kind of spread is tempting. 

I think the spread is as expected. I thought from -6.5 to -7 made sense. Vikings are on a short week having to travel across the country to a well rested team. 

I'm sure the reports of Tartt/Ford/Alexander returning contributed to that number. 

• Like 1