Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

We are going to find out whether or not our early season tear was the level of talent on the roster, or the terribad competition we played in this game. 

No excuses. 

If we're looking for hope:

Jared Goff in LA against our full-strength defense: 78 passing yards, 3.5 YPA, 54.2% completion, sacked 4 times, 1 turnover

Jared Goff on the road in SF down Ford, Kwon, and Tartt: 323 passing yards, 7.0 YPA, 58.7% completion, wasn't sacked, 2 TDs, 1 turnover.

I mean, the first game was always going to be statistically improbable to replicate, but the numbers do a pretty good job at illustrating the absence of our 3 guys coming back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Do you guys think something has been up with Breida? Nagging injury? Anyways, I hope we've been holding him back for the playoffs.

I think the way Mostert is running this season he's simply better than Breida but also better than pretty much every back in the league on a per touch measure. Breida also had those two fumbles against the falcons. 

I'd like to see a healthy dose of Breida though especially with a lead. Coleman should be the guy with the least amount of touches

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Do you guys think something has been up with Breida? Nagging injury? Anyways, I hope we've been holding him back for the playoffs.

I've been thinking a lot about breida the past 2 days. 

First of all, his ankle has been an issue for 2 years now 

He tweaked it against ATL when he was taken down awkwardly and landed on top of it. The ball came out of his hands but then it bounced out of bounds. The next play he fumbled and Atlanta recovered. Was a huge turning point in the game 

Then he was a 'healthy' scratch next week. I think they had him active because they know mostert isn't a 20 carry a game guy and Coleman isn't up to carrying the load either. So they had to have him active in case either guy got hurt, but the plan was to not play him unless necessary. 

I think it was part injury and part dog house. Kyle (kinda) did this to Pettis earlier in the year, except Pettis was just flat out not making plays and Kyle was more vocal publicly (initially, until he realized how soft Pettis is and how he can't handle that kind of scrutiny). You can't fumble twice in two plays, so that's why breida had one foot in the dog house

Breida has been highly productive for a few years now. I mean, he led the NFL last year in ypc on a bum ankle lol he's been very consistent for us too. Not like he's had a lot of issues fumbling in the past. He's been solid all around and has improved catching passes. We need a RB to catch passes for us. M

So, I think now that breida has had a lot of time off and Kyle has had an extra week in the lab to self evaluate his own offense and how he uses everyone, I think breida will get a healthy amount of snaps this week now that he's healthy. 

YALL READY FOR THE ****ING PLAYOFFS?

• Like 5