Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Personally, I would rather put person in at RG and shift brunskil to the outside in the event that there is an injury to one of our tackles. Brunskil is better than skule at T and person is a better G than skule is a T. So I look at it like we need to get our best 5 on the field.

That may change depending on what we do in the offseason. Person might not be on the roster. 

Offensive line chemistry is extremely important. Swapping two just doesn't happen. It didn't happen this year with our injuries. It won't likely happen next.

And Person is an aging veteran who will be 32 when training camp starts. Skule is a rookie about to embark on his first NFL offseason. What is true in 2019 very well might not be in 2020.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I'd rather be Cohn, I think. Honestly, he's just a troll, but I think that he knows football (he just views everything through a completely biased and prejudicial lens). I don't think that he's stupid though. Prisco is just a foolish tool for the most part. 

Fair enough. I see things the same way in terms of the respective writers’ characters. However, who is worse, the troll or the fool? Personally, I loathe trolls more. But that’s just me. 

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

Fair enough. I see things the same way in terms of the respective writers’ characters. However, who is worse, the troll or the fool? Personally, I loathe trolls more. But that’s just me. 

Dealing with trolls is more annoying, stupidity is more frustrating in my experience. 

Just now, Forge said:

Dealing with trolls is more annoying, stupidity is more frustrating in my experience. 

It's the responsibility of the thing, though. The troll is absolutely responsibile for their intentionally absurd and provacative behavior. The fool - sometimes less so, sometimes they are willfully ignorant. Intentionally being an *** rubs me all the wrong way.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JIllg said:

It's the responsibility of the thing, though. The troll is absolutely responsibile for their intentionally absurd and provacative behavior. The fool - sometimes less so, sometimes they are willfully ignorant. Intentionally being an *** rubs me all the wrong way.

I have actually grown to like Cohn. I used to hate his opinions, but I always had him in small bits and pieces. This season I have read, watched and listened to him a lot more and I really like what he offers. He has a pretty decent breakdown of the 49ers weekly. I think a lot of fans don't like him because of his ability to be objective. Same goes for Kawakami who I also like. He also is willing to spar with people which doesn't endear him to anyone. He stands tall on his thoughts and opinions and usually has some sort of factual evidence to back it up, but then will willingly fight with the everyday fan regarding their rebuttal. 

So apparently Ford isn't a for sure go on Saturday. Still listed as questionable and receiving treatment on his quads and hammy. That is worrisome. I thought he was going to be a full go, just on a limited snap count like he has been all year. 

Questionable and still getting treatment makes me wonder how effective he would even be if he played. 

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

So apparently Ford isn't a for sure go on Saturday. Still listed as questionable and receiving treatment on his quads and hammy. That is worrisome. I thought he was going to be a full go, just on a limited snap count like he has been all year. 

Questionable and still getting treatment makes me wonder how effective he would even be if he played. 

Think he will still be a go.

Question is how effective he can be?

1 hour ago, Forge said:

What did I say... Listened to Brinson's pod he put out today ranking the quarterbacks, and he had Jimmy as the worst qb in the playoffs. Below Tannehill and every one. 

That's fine. Not THAT crazy to be honest. I wouldn't have him last but you can make a case for others over him. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Think he will still be a go.

Question is how effective he can be?

Honestly, I'm just going to assume not very effective at all. I said 2-3 weeks ago that at this point I just wasn't going to count on him, and I don't think that I will. If he plays and he's effective, it's just gravy. 

7 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Offensive line chemistry is extremely important. Swapping two just doesn't happen. It didn't happen this year with our injuries. It won't likely happen next.

And Person is an aging veteran who will be 32 when training camp starts. Skule is a rookie about to embark on his first NFL offseason. What is true in 2019 very well might not be in 2020.

All true. Well reasoned. 

I'll walk back the comments about next season. 

I mainly just hope brunskil starts at G this Saturday. He's earned it and we had a bye. Chemistry should be there. We got worse at C but better at G with him in there. Garland and person would be having two weak links next to each other. 

Ive said before person is just a person. Sort of like just a guy (JAG), except it's a person lol 

Let's all remember brunskil wasn't even in the NFL last year and yet we wouldn't be the 1 seed without him. He was our 5th tackle and 3rd guard and he would probably be our third center too. The guy has been really really solid for us and deserves the opportunity 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Forge said:

What did I say... Listened to Brinson's pod he put out today ranking the quarterbacks, and he had Jimmy as the worst qb in the playoffs. Below Tannehill and every one. 

Well, to be fair to Tannehill, he's an absolute stud. The guy has more playoff victories this decade than Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Jimmy Garoppolo, Patrick Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson combined. 

• Like 2