Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

We need to run double moves on Rhodes all day. He's so susceptible to them. 

Sanders is just a tough cover for any of their corners. They actually match up better against Deebo, especially Rhodes. 

I wonder if Shanny comes out passing early and often to soften the Vikings defense to get the outside run going. 

Just now, nayad said:

Not gonna lie this was the last matchup I wanted. Vikings are such a complete team, especially with their secondary looking like its sharp again. 

I was bullish on the Vikings to start the year, thought they were under valued as the post hype team. Very good team.

But certainly not an overwhelming team. I feel like I'd still rather play them then Seattle

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was bullish on the Vikings to start the year, thought they were under valued as the post hype team. Very good team.

But certainly not an overwhelming team. I feel like I'd still rather play them then Seattle

All day. Vikings are more talented than the Seahawks overall, but the Seahawks have seen us twice and we just can't take Wilson down. 

Vikings essentially play like us though. Going to try to run it down our throats to set up the PA deep shots. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hope youre right, but on paper the Vikings are a much much better team than the seahawks are right now. 

Dalvin Cook and Thielin are healthy, in a group with Diggs and Rudolph makes this the most talented offense the 49ers have faced outside of Lamar. The passrushers group in Griffin, Hunter, and Odenigbo are wayyy better than the seahawks even when Clowney was fully healthy. Cousins is the wildcard but he's not a Josh Allen level doofus, his skill guys can makeup for his shortcomings. Lastly Zimmer is a really good coach and will not be clueless on how to attack the this niners offense. 

Just now, nayad said:

I hope youre right, but on paper the Vikings are a much much better team than the seahawks are right now. 

Dalvin Cook and Thielin are healthy, in a group with Diggs and Rudolph makes this the most talented offense the 49ers have faced outside of Lamar. The passrushers group in Griffin, Hunter, and Odenigbo are wayyy better than the seahawks even when Clowney was fully healthy. Cousins is the wildcard but he's not a Josh Allen level doofus, his skill guys can makeup for his shortcomings. Lastly Zimmer is a really good coach and will not be clueless on how to attack the this niners offense. 

The Seahawks beat the Vikings, so keep that in mind. I think thielen may have missed that one, but that happens.

Plus, with the Seahawks, it's not really about the players. Just more about the matchup

1 minute ago, nayad said:

It's the Greased Midget factor that would have most offended. You will see. Our rushers can FEAST on some cowardly Kirk. All depends on Salad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's not exactly our modus operandi right now lol

We should have beaten the Seahawks comfortably

True. The defense has been crap for 5 straight. Still, guys are slated to come by. It will have been two weeks. Just don't see the Vikings as a team that is some juggernaut force now that has some other fans spooked.

Edited by PapaShogun

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sanders is just a tough cover for any of their corners. They actually match up better against Deebo, especially Rhodes. 

I wonder if Shanny comes out passing early and often to soften the Vikings defense to get the outside run going. 

Going to be curious to keep up on Rhodes this week. He looked pretty hurt at times. Something in the pec-shoulder area. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Seahawks beat the Vikings, so keep that in mind. I think thielen may have missed that one, but that happens.

Plus, with the Seahawks, it's not really about the players. Just more about the matchup

Seahawks also had 200+ yards and 3TDs out of Penny and Carson in that game. I get that we played Seattle close and lost an earlier matchup but I really believe that this Viking team is worthy of being in this game against us next week. 

Is Dee Ford a lock to play?