Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's how our TE2 is as well, Ross "Peanut Butter Dwelley Time" 

The Vikes use multiple nickel CBs. Against New Orleans, Andrew Sendejo played nickel CB in place of Mackensie Alexander. You’ll also see a lot of Jayron Kearse at nickel CB, in big nickel sets. If Alexander returns, I’d assume that you’ll see less of Sendejo.

The Vikes arguably have the best Safety duo In the league. Smith is still very good but Harris has emerged as a legit star. Harris is a ballhawk and was one of PFFs top safety for most of the year. 

The Cornerbacks can be exploited, which has limited Smith some compared to seasons past. More two deep looks now compared to when Smith roamed all over the field as the fixer. Rhodes is always good for a penalty and injury each game, pick on him would be the expectation. The Vikes rotate 4-5 CBs regularly but just put Mike Hughes on IR. Tough loss from a depth standpoint because he was cutting into Rhodes playing time.

Edited by vikingsrule

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Fun tidbit, we were actually worse. 

26th at 55%, which is actually kind of funny because it doesn't always match up with the eye test. Sure, there are definitely games where there are struggles and Jimmy is under duress, but I'd say that eye test wise, we aren't that bad (IE, bottom 7 of the league). I think Jimmy's release and the scheme has a lot to say there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I told my wife come Sat, 4:35 pm EST, please let me be. If I yell, scream, jump up and down or roll on the floor,  just ignore me.

Honestly, I don't remember being this stressed out during the Harbaugh years during the playoffs or important games.

I was less stressed because I had lower expectations for those Harbaugh teams. The only stressful year was 2012, as I thought that was the year we had a real chance to win it all. Then we made the QB switch, Justin Smith injured his triceps, we slept through the first half of each the NFCCG and Super Bowl. That was stressful.

2011, I was merely happy to be relevant, and in 2013 I was crippled by the belief that the Seahawks were a team of destiny. So those two years were less stressful, at least until the games themselves were played. 

This year I have high expectations and as such stressed out all weekend about the upcoming opponent. I didn't really want to face the Vikings necessarily, but I was happy that the opponent was set after the first game Sunday. I really didn't want to be invested in the Seahawks/Eagles game. Both those franchises can fold up and go away forever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

I was less stressed because I had lower expectations for those Harbaugh teams. The only stressful year was 2012, as I thought that was the year we had a real chance to win it all. Then we made the QB switch, Justin Smith injured his triceps, we slept through the first half of each the NFCCG and Super Bowl. That was stressful.

2011, I was merely happy to be relevant, and in 2013 I was crippled by the belief that the Seahawks were a team of destiny. So those two years were less stressful, at least until the games themselves were played. 

This year I have high expectations and as such stressed out all weekend about the upcoming opponent. I didn't really want to face the Vikings necessarily, but I was happy that the opponent was set after the first game Sunday. I really didn't want to be invested in the Seahawks/Eagles game. Both those franchises can fold up and go away forever. 

This is it. I knew we were good but I had my reservations because of the offense mainly the passing game with either Kaep and Smith. 

For me, I thought ok 10-6 and maybe a wildcard spot then we went 9-0 and that defense was just nasty then I started thinking ok maybe this is it? Maybe I will FINALLY get to see us win one watching it LIVE. I honestly thought after the Harbaugh era that it would take us much longer to be this good/even better again.

14 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I told my wife come Sat, 4:35 pm EST, please let me be. If I yell, scream, jump up and down or roll on the floor,  just ignore me.

Honestly, I don't remember being this stressed out during the Harbaugh years during the playoffs or important games.

I took football far too seriously back in the Harbaugh days. Part of that was i had less responsibility, didn't have as many interests, and i was a little more immature. Now i'm a little older, more mature, more responsibilities, more things/interests taking up my time, etc.  Whats changed for me is in the past, bad losses would linger for days. Now, a bad loss lingers just the same day. I usually sleep on it and am over it the next day. 

But i'm still invested. For example, i have plans with friends Saturday night. However, i told them i'd meet up with them at 9 pm EST...because our game will likely finish at 8 :) 

• Like 2