Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You’re saying Mahomes would have better stats as the Green Bay Packer Quarterback than Rodgers would on KC with Reid and all those weapons? It honestly wouldn’t even be close. I always try to be as open minded possible and reverse both QBs situations. 

Mahomes has had plenty of his weapons down and still put up big numbers. He's just the superior player at the moment. Mahomes would do better in GB than Rodgers has done the last two years. 

Rodgers missing all these wide open receivers as he did this season had nothing to do with what kind of weapons he had. Reverse the situations and Mahomes is better. Keep the situations as they are and Mahomes is better....Put either on a team like say Detroit, and Mahomes is better...you get the point. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

fwiw, I don't think what you are suggesting is crazy, but it doesn't seem like an internet battle worth having, really. Both QBs are really good. Fighting about which is better seems like something young folks do. Is ya'll young folks? :P 

Agreed. Especially something that has zero to do with the Niners. We’ll let games do the talk. If Niners smash Packers and Chiefs beat Niners, I’ll gladly eat crow and have Mahomes as my #2. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Especially something that has zero to do with the Niners. We’ll let games do the talk. If Niners smash Packers and Chiefs beat Niners, I’ll gladly eat crow and have Mahomes as my #2. 

Well, let's hope Mahomes doesn't get to your #2 then ;).

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, let's hope Mahomes doesn't get to your #2 then ;).

For sure. I wouldn’t mind seeing Niners get their sixth (unlike most Raider fans). I’d also like to see Rodgers add to his legacy and prove McCarthy held him back for 7 years. I also would love to see the Titans win cause it’s such an awesome story and I LOVE physical football teams. Tenn/Buf/SF are very physical teams. But Tenn is extremely physical on both offense and defense. As for KC, I wouldn’t mind Reid finally getting a ring. He’s long overdue. 

Bottom line, I just wanna see good football. 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

The difference? Mosely over Spoon for the rest of the game. I'm still a fan of Spoon, but man, I love me some E-man. He's so technically sound and has supreme athleticism to go with it. Plus, he's not only a willing tackler, he LOVES to hit people. Even guys much larger than him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Jimmy G probably: "Check down? What exactly is a check down??"

This man does NOT believe in check downs and it's frustrating at times. But he is a risk taker and tries to push the limit. When facing off against underdogs, have to be careful there and can't be careless with the rock as often times that is the only chance the inferior opponent has. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

Class Act. But at this point you can see his confidence is shot. Great talent just unfortunate he got hurt and hasn't been able to replicate that level of play again. 

His story isn over though. Like Sherm said, he had good coverage on the Diggs TD, he just mis-played the ball and lost his footing in the process. Spoon still has tremendous upside and potential. His number could be called upon again. The PI on him on that same drive was bs....he had excellent coverage and didn't intiate contact until Diggs did. He just has to mentally hone-in and not let one bad play snowball. He could use some one-on-one time with Kobe...#MambaMentality. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

His story isn over though. Like Sherm said, he had good coverage on the Diggs TD, he just mis-played the ball and lost his footing in the process. Spoon still has tremendous upside and potential. His number could be called upon again. The PI on him on that same drive was bs....he had excellent coverage and didn't intiate contact until Diggs did. He just has to mentally hone-in and not let one bad play snowball. He could use some one-on-one time with Kobe...#MambaMentality. 

He's rarely in bad position but you just have to make plays. Can't continue to give up these passes. Spoon had supreme confidence to start the season but that has evaporated. Definitely has the right mindset but needs to put it together. The team has high hopes for him and Collinsworth even alluded to it thinking he has All Pro coverage ability. 

As for needing some #MambaMentality? I mean the man pretty much has the Kobe of the CBs on his team. This is on him and only him. Until he actually goes out and makes a play, he will still be pressing, it's just human nature. If he would have picked off that pass instead of falling down, he would have gotten his confidence back and would have played well the rest of the game.

Thank goodness for having someone like Moseley who can fill in for injuries or if one corner is having a rough stretch. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

.. and all the huge fails fall in the lap of poor Witherspoon coverage. I'm glad we have him at very reasonable contract next season (1.2 m cap), so we can allow him to prove himself once and for all or pack his bags, no problem. Even if he becomes CB4/5 next season. 

Do people think he can turn things around for himself in the coming offseason? or not so much? 

Watching this game again in chunks and will all week. I adore watching the individual blocking assignments play out. Such a fun team to watch.