Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, Dub_City30 said:

Class Act. But at this point you can see his confidence is shot. Great talent just unfortunate he got hurt and hasn't been able to replicate that level of play again. 

Yeah.. 3 weeks into the season, he looked elite. He has to be reminded of that. We know he can do it. He knows he can do it. He just has not to get in his own way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherm said:

I give him credit for keeping his head in the gm. After Sherm INT he was all smiles on the sideline with the other guys.

He handled himself like a true professional in the heat of a playoff game, and I think the fan base needs to recognize this and cut him a slack

These guys aren't robots. 

• Like 2

So let's say we beat GB and go on to win the SB....Are the Niners the NFC team of the decade? No NFC team has won more than one SB (GB/SEA/PHI/NYG), only one other team would match our SB appearances for the decade and no other team would have reached the NFCCG four times. Of course, we have a complete dud of a stretch in the decade where we were awful. Would be an interesting debate. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So let's say we beat GB and go on to win the SB....Are the Niners the NFC team of the decade? No NFC team has won more than one SB (GB/SEA/PHI/NYG), only one other team would match our SB appearances for the decade and no other team would have reached the NFCCG four times. Of course, we have a complete dud of a stretch in the decade where we were awful. Would be an interesting debate. 

Jesus, you're right. That is insane to think about given how bad we were for Tomsula / Kelly / Shanny x2. I think we have a valid argument. I think it would have to be us or Seattle, right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Jesus, you're right. That is insane to think about given how bad we were for Tomsula / Kelly / Shanny x2. I think we have a valid argument. I think it would have to be us or Seattle, right? 

I was going to throw GB in there since they have been a playoff team for pretty much the entire decade, but realized Seattle only missed the playoffs twice the entire decade themselves. 

One thing going for us over GB would be in this hypothetical, we would have one more SB appearance and a 3-0 record in the playoffs against them. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Given that the win is coming in 2020 - a new decade - I'm not sure how that would qualify. When they listed the best moments, etc. of the decade, the Saints were included despite their big win occurring during the 2009 season. So I'd say no. The Seahawks/Saints would have a better claim in that case. Either way, it's weird to break that down by conference.

18 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Given that the win is coming in 2020 - a new decade - I'm not sure how that would qualify. When they listed the best moments, etc. of the decade, the Saints were included despite their big win occurring during the 2009 season. So I'd say no. The Seahawks/Saints would have a better claim in that case. Either way, it's weird to break that down by conference.

See, I look at the actual NFL season. But I get what they did for the Saints....since technically the SB was in 2010. But I also see in other places where they use the NFL season so from 2010-2019, which would include this year. 

Well, I mean the team of the decade overall is a clear one, but in the NFC it's a legit conversation. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let's say these are the qualifying factors with the Niners winning the Super Bowl over the Chiefs. The Niners would rank as followed:

Division Title Wins: 3 (tied for 3rd)

Playoff Appearances: 4 (tied for 5th)

Conference Championship Appearances: 4 (tied for 1st)

Conference Championship wins: 2 (tied for 1st)

Super Bowl appearances: 2 (tied for 1st)

Super Bowl wins: 1 (tied for 1st)

I'd say it would be between the Niners, Seahawks, and Packers for the top NFC team of the decade. These three teams are pretty much 1,2, and 3 in various orders for all of these categories.

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No it's clearly the Seahawks to me. They've had a winning record from 2012 until now, and only missed the playoffs once. 49ers had a 5 year stretch where they were essentially garbage. 

12 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

This was my favorite play of the game. Bourne straps a rocketpack and goes Banjo-Kazooie for a snag to move the chains on third down. Jimmy had a doo doo spiral to boot. 

73FH42b.gif

It's crazy how KB is capable of the best and the worst, often within a span of a few plays. If he could just become more consistent at catching the routine throws, he and Deebo could be our starters on the outside for the next ten years. But his inconsistencies are the reason why we needed Sanders. But imagine if KB progressed into that consistent pass catcher. Deebo on one side. KB and Hurd on the other (with Hurd being moved around the offense, from the outside, to shading the TE, to lining up in the backfield), with a hopefully healthy Trent Taylor in the slot (with Richie James helping out), and Kittle and Juice, and hopefully another TE who can contribute at some point. That would be a pretty solid group. But since we can't really put all our eggs in the basket, let's re-sign Sanders and still hope Pettis can develop into something more than a cat-loving ballerina. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:26 PM, rudyZ said:

Yeah.. 3 weeks into the season, he looked elite. He has to be reminded of that. We know he can do it. He knows he can do it. He just has not to get in his own way.

I was watching the sound FX on 49ers.com from the rams game with warner. There was a moment he looks over at spoon and says 'HEY! Dont forget! You are one of the best players in the WORLD'

I think spoon will find it at some point. He really was lights out this year in the first 3 weeks. 

• Like 1