Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, 49ersfan said:

I took football far too seriously back in the Harbaugh days. Part of that was i had less responsibility, didn't have as many interests, and i was a little more immature. Now i'm a little older, more mature, more responsibilities, more things/interests taking up my time, etc.  Whats changed for me is in the past, bad losses would linger for days. Now, a bad loss lingers just the same day. I usually sleep on it and am over it the next day. 

But i'm still invested. For example, i have plans with friends Saturday night. However, i told them i'd meet up with them at 9 pm EST...because our game will likely finish at 8 :) 

For me it isn't even the Ls, its the last month of football where we went down to the wire that keeps me from sleeping at night lol.

Although  I was up for what seemed like forever after the Kyle Williams Fumble, this one hurt more to me than the SB loss. Deep down inside I didn't want to play baltimore that year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

We still got Earl maybe playing! (Thomas too, but I figure if he's going to be invisible when he's on the field, he'll just be invisible in my commentary) 

This defense with it's struggles for the past month or so still is better then that D from last year week 1. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

For me it isn't even the Ls, its the last month of football where we went down to the wire that keeps me from sleeping at night lol.

Although  I was up for what seemed like forever after the Kyle Williams Fumble, this one hurt more to me than the SB loss. Deep down inside I didn't want to play baltimore that year.

Kyle Williams fumble, SB loss, loss to the Seahawks...those were some successful but heartbreaking years. 

December was a super stressful month, every game went down to the wire. There were many times i thought we lost the game only to somehow overcome it and win it....4th and 2 vs the Saints, 3rd and 16 vs the Rams, 4th and Goal vs the Seahawks. 3 huge plays that somehow ALL came in our favour. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I was less stressed because I had lower expectations for those Harbaugh teams. The only stressful year was 2012, as I thought that was the year we had a real chance to win it all. Then we made the QB switch, Justin Smith injured his triceps, we slept through the first half of each the NFCCG and Super Bowl. That was stressful.

2011, I was merely happy to be relevant, and in 2013 I was crippled by the belief that the Seahawks were a team of destiny. So those two years were less stressful, at least until the games themselves were played. 

This year I have high expectations and as such stressed out all weekend about the upcoming opponent. I didn't really want to face the Vikings necessarily, but I was happy that the opponent was set after the first game Sunday. I really didn't want to be invested in the Seahawks/Eagles game. Both those franchises can fold up and go away forever. 

This is a good depiction of how I felt about those teams. I mean, in 2011, Peter King picked us to finish dead last in the NFL lol. There were no expectations for me that year with this team. 2012 was definitely a bit stressful, and like you said, 2013 it was all about Seattle andn I just thought they were better than us. 

This year, I'm on house money, so I have no stress. Everyone knows I'm probably picking the Vikings LOL So that alleviates that stress, but also, I had us on periphery of the playoff hunt this year.  Getting a #1 seed, making the playoffs...this is all gravy to me. 

• Like 3

Just now, Forge said:

This is a good depiction of how I felt about those teams. I mean, in 2011, Peter King picked us to finish dead last in the NFL lol. There were no expectations for me that year with this team. 2012 was definitely a bit stressful, and like you said, 2013 it was all about Seattle andn I just thought they were better than us. 

This year, I'm on house money, so I have no stress. Everyone knows I'm probably picking the Vikings LOL So that alleviates that stress, but also, I had us on periphery of the playoff hunt this year.  Getting a #1 seed, making the playoffs...this is all gravy to me. 

I think I may have said to you in another thread/post to keep picking against us so please continue... :P

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Kyle Williams fumble, SB loss, loss to the Seahawks...those were some successful but heartbreaking years. 

December was a super stressful month, every game went down to the wire. There were many times i thought we lost the game only to somehow overcome it and win it....4th and 2 vs the Saints, 3rd and 16 vs the Rams, 4th and Goal vs the Seahawks. 3 huge plays that somehow ALL came in our favour. 

I was so upset during that last drive that I got up and walked around the house and even got my work clothes ready for the next day. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is a good depiction of how I felt about those teams. I mean, in 2011, Peter King picked us to finish dead last in the NFL lol. There were no expectations for me that year with this team. 2012 was definitely a bit stressful, and like you said, 2013 it was all about Seattle andn I just thought they were better than us

The thing that stinks about 2013 was for one half we were the better team then everything went to crap in the second half.

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

This year, I'm on house money, so I have no stress.

I felt this way earlier, but am less resolved to it these days. 

Getting that 1 seed. Seeing what is left of the conference. What a time to be a 49ers fan, player, coach.. and what an opportunity that sits right there. Granted, it's just one game.. leading to another.. leading to the final one.

Said that punching a ticket to the postseason is all it takes to even make a season feel successful, for me. 

... but then, that human greed factor sits so close... that danging carrot on a stick. 

CuVzM3kUkAAh56H.jpg

( okay, the carrot is actually another full beer can )

• Like 5

"In fact, there’s been eight 1 vs 6 contests in the NFL Divisional Round since 2013 and and all eight were won by the top-seeded squad. But those #1 seeds are just 3-4-1 against the spread."

"There were also two 1 vs 6 showdowns in 2010 and in each case, the six seed won. The New York Jets upset the New England Patriots 28-21, while the Green Bay Packers hammered the Atlanta Falcons 48-21.

The Packers are the most recent six seed to win the Super Bowl."

Edited by NcFinest9erFan