Divisional Round GDT - Vikings at 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, oldman9er said:

I'll believe it when I see it but if we can get both Alexander and Ford back it would be HUGE. Defense should be back to its earlier season form, though we're going to miss DJ Jones versus that run game. I would ease Alexander into action though....let him knock off the rust.

First playoff game@Levis....place should be LIT!!

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

yea-k.gif

Kendricks is awesome. They didn't give up a ton to tight ends this year yardage wise. Only one touchdown. They will give up the super short stuff, which may not be a great idea given what kittle does after the catch

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

No shame in that. Just a little bad luck there

Down 21-0 vs GB and then made a late run. Were down double digits pretty much all 2nd half vs Seahawks but made a late run. Lost to the Mahomes-less Chiefs. Definitely good that they compete in every game, but not seeing the bad luck? 

Vikings are a really good and talented team. But they earned the seed they got and their record. Against good teams they didn't play up to their capabilities all season long. Changed that today but don't think they were dealing with much bad luck. Legitimately were outplayed in those losses or had terrible starts to the game that put them in a deficit. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Let's get it started in here... yeah, yeah.... 

O0oo0.gif

and YES, GO Iggles !!!!!!

Their play calling in the 4th quarter was frustrating but Cousins made the big time plays he needed to make in OT. He deserves credit along with the rest of the team for how they played in a TOUGH stadium. That was big time. 

• Like 1

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

49ers have been my family’s favorite team forever and I’ve always kept up with them. But as a Vikings fan, honestly what would be the key for the Vikings to win in your guy’s eyes? What would be the key for the 49ers to win?

Protect cousins. Beat our offensive line and make Jimmy uncomfortable. 

Cliche, but I think this is won in the trenches. Both offenses are capable of hammering the other team if the pass rush can't get home. Both offenses can implode if they do. Otherwise, the matchups around the game ebb and flow with advantages to each

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Congrats on the SB victory guys. I had Saints winning it all and had you guys as the 2nd best team. 

- Packers Matchup Terribly with you guys. You’ll win, although a much closer game. 

- The Vikings are like a weaker version of your team. Might be close, but a loss there would basically be a choke job. 

- Seahawks are getting blown out in a Trilogy if they face you. 

- You will beat the Ravens in a rematch

- You will blowout the Texans or Titans

The only team, on paper, that matches up really well against you guys is the Chiefs. And I don’t think they are making the SB. 

I think the farthest the Niners can advance is the SB. I give them a chance against the Packers in the NFC title game only b/c of homefield but Rodgers is dangerous especially on the move and not sure if they can advance against the Pack b/c that's basically whom they will play assuming they beat the Vikings.

As far as the SB goes either the Ravens or Chiefs are a terrible matchup as both Lamar Jackson & Patrick Mahomes can carve up the Niner defense and the Niners offense can have problems with both of those 2 defensive units. I think the only way the Niners win the SB is if either the Texans or Titans advance that far but that is just not happening as it's destine for Ravens/Chiefs in AFC title game.

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

49ers have been my family’s favorite team forever and I’ve always kept up with them. But as a Vikings fan, honestly what would be the key for the Vikings to win in your guy’s eyes? What would be the key for the 49ers to win?

For the Vikings to win: 

1. Get to Jimmy early and often. Force Shanny to have Kittle stay in and help block. 

2. Take the middle of the field away as Jimmy loves attacking that part of the field.

3. Establish the run with Cooks and run some quick game as our defense is susceptible to that. 

4. Give extra attention to Kittle and make the others beat you. 

As for the 49ers, we will need to just make none of the things I listed happen 😁.