Mariota

mwalker

I have little confidence that Mariota would be used correctly by the Steelers. I watched him a lot at Oregon, and he is way better as a Lamar Jackson type of QB. He was wasted in Tenn, and he'll likely be wasted by his next team if they don't enphasize his running ability. If He was smart, he'd likely be a good fit as Murray's backup in AZ.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, cjfollett said:

Funny, but the sole reason?  I think emphasizing Derrick Henry had more to do with it.

Henry's numbers went up after Tannehill took over.   Part of the reason for his success was because of how well Tannehill was playing.

Im not saying benching Mariota was the sole reason they improved, but it was the MAIN reason.   Tannehill averaged 260 yards a game, over 2 TDs, 9,62 YPA and almost 70% completion rate.  

Moving from Mariota to Tannehill had a dramatic impact on their offense.

As far as Mariota to the Steelers.....just depends on the price.   

Edited by FourThreeMafia

What would Mariota price be anyways? I don't think he starts anywhere, but as a reserve, what cap value would you expect? I wouldn't sign him, if ben returns, just keep Duck and Mason.  This team has other needs everywhere once UFA  takes players from the roster. There are many teams that have cap space to sign UFA's, as a result I expect Dupree and Hargrave to get deals in UFA.  

I dont think we will sign ANY free agents. 

We are hitting the offseason with less than $1M in cap space.

To resign Dupree, Rookies, RFAs, we are gonna need around $34M

Restructures would give us about 9.5M total.

Cuts could give us about 27.5M.

Then we would hit training camp with nickels in cap space.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I dont think we will sign ANY free agents. 

We are hitting the offseason with less than $1M in cap space.

To resign Dupree, Rookies, RFAs, we are gonna need around $34M

Restructures would give us about 9.5M total.

Cuts could give us about 27.5M.

Then we would hit training camp with nickels in cap space.

Honestly I don’t think we are actually in as bad a position as it seems. The OTC guys put out their top contracts for restructure/cuts on Twitter last night. We can clear nearly $45-$50m if we really needed too - and that was just extensions and restructures  

30% rule included, Ben clears almost $10M in a restructure by himself.

We wont be desperate for cash if we don’t want to be. But I think we need to do just enough to get what we want to get done. 

Edited by Dcash4

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Honestly I don’t think we are actually in as bad a position as it seems. The OTC guys put out their top contracts for restructure/cuts on Twitter last night. We can clear nearly $45-$50m if we really needed too - and that was just extensions and restructures  

30% rule included Ben clears almost $10M in a restructure. 

We wont be desperate for cash if we don’t want to be. But I think we need to do just enough to get what we want to get done. 

That's incorrect. The 30% included, Ben clears just over $3M.

There is something like 12 ppl we can restructure or something like that. They combine for $9.5M. 

Without the 30% rule, we can clear $10M in a restructure for Ben. OTC does not have the 30% rule factored into their math.

Ramon Foster, Anthony Chickillo, and Mark Barron are as good as gone.

There is probably an 85% chance Vance McDonalds option does not get picked up either.

We currently are projected, with approximately at $200M cap, to have less than $1M in cap space. I think it's like $823k or something 

Edited by wwhickok