.Buzz

Kyle Long retires

Good for him. Hope he made out well enough to support him and his family. Class act. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Good for him. Hope he made out well enough to support him and his family. Class act. 

Whole family are good people.

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'd retire too if I had to protect a schmuck like Mitchell

Any luck, and that won't be an issue next year. But...Long's injuries clearly caught up to him. 

His career didn't last as long as it should've but NFL players should put their health and family before anything. Glad he could still walk away, dude was a beast when healthy.

It sounds like his body was shot when he tried to play this year. Bears put him on IR despite not having a true season-ending injury because his play was so poor due to all the chronic issues he had is my understanding.

Not surprising. He fell off the Face of the earth quickly. Good leader though. Enjoy retirement 

13 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

His career didn't last as long as it should've but NFL players should put their health and family before anything. Glad he could still walk away, dude was a beast when healthy.

Remember he also came in older than most as a rookie (25). 

He was awesome when he was healthy, I loved seeing him play his career here. He probably was a year late on this though. Wish him the best. 

16 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Did you do that on purpose?

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Did you do that on purpose?

That sucks. He was a good player when healthy. Really wish he had more in him so Rams could sign him