.Buzz

Kyle Long retires

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Next up...Canton!

I wish. He certainly had the potential to be a hall of famer if it wasn't for injuries. But as it stands, no. Not even close. 

Tbh, he should have retired before the 2018 season for his own sake and the team. Last year's injury was a clear indication that he was done.

It's sad to see a player of his caliber have to hang 'em up because of issues out of his control. 

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Remember he also came in older than most as a rookie (25). 

He was awesome when he was healthy, I loved seeing him play his career here. He probably was a year late on this though. Wish him the best. 

How come he was so old as a rookie?

23 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He spent a long time in college 

17 minutes ago, Tyty said:

He spent a long time in college 

You didnt have to use italics, we allll got it 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

He pursued baseball and pitched for FSU but then had a drug charge, so he was dismissed.  He went to a small school the next year to play DE and then switched to OL, then transferred to Oregon. It was just a winding road.  

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He pursued baseball and pitched for FSU but then had a drug charge, so he was dismissed.  He went to a small school the next year to play DE and then switched to OL, then transferred to Oregon. It was just a winding road.  

Got ya, probably cost himself 10 mil or more.

Injuries really did cost him. Shame too as he had loads of talent. All the best to him in retirement.

Definitely one of my favorite Bears players of my generation. When he was young and healthy, was an absolute menace of a blocker. Too this day it’s the only OL Jersey I’ve ever bought.

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

You didnt have to use italics, we allll got it 

long

If I read it correctly, he said stepping away right? Not retiring? Could just take a year off.

21 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

If I read it correctly, he said stepping away right? Not retiring? Could just take a year off.

He was on Pardon My Take this morning talking about it and it certainly seemed like it was for good.  It sounded like his body just had enough and he is going to enjoy the hell out of being retired at 31. 

He compared it to being paid $1 million to be kicked in the balls.  At some point you have enough money and are tired of taking nut shots.  

44 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Did he punch his ticket to canton this season?

Unfortunately he isnt an HOFer. Imo.