Is Drew Brees overrated?

rocky_rams

1 minute ago, Duluther said:

Favre had more years that overlapped with Brees than with any of those guys but perhaps Young. 

But the majority of Favre’s noteworthy career was from the pre-2004 rules change era, so sure.

his # and mvps...superbowl was in the 90s

his mid 2000 career ia nothing to remember

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I view him and Matt Ryan similarly. Dome players who put up nice stats in perfect weather conditions but can’t singlehandedly will a team to Victoria ala Russel Wilson, etc.

matt ryan besides his superbowl run has been mattew pat statsford

6 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

Steve Young is. A whole portion of the NFL community spent the better part of the middle of this decade arguing for Aaron Rodgers as the GOAT with 1 superbowl win.

Even if you want to blame 2018 (NFCCG on him) now because Danielle Hunter made an amazing play, Marcus William couldn't make a routine tackle in 2017; and Vernon Davis made the catch III Brees is overrated? Brees was v. poor today by his standard, but has generally been an excellent post-season QB.

Even Peyton Manning, Top 3 QB of all time has some disgusting playoff game logs and performances. Would you hold that against him?

Tom Brady has people thinking every QB needs to get there every year. It's not that easy.

I would say Young is top 10 but his career got cut short. He could’ve won more. 

I think with Brees he can’t seem to win big games when the team depends on him as often as other Top 10 QBs of all time 

Drew Brees is one of my favorite non-Packers players today.   He had a bad game today but he had a nice season.

I do have a question for all of you.  Why do some folks say Green Bay wasted Rodgers prime years and it is a shame he only has one ring but you don't hear folks saying the Saints may have squandered Brees' best years with only one ring?

Edited by Pugger

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Drew Brees is one of my favorite non-Packers players today.   He had a bad game today but he had a nice season.

I do have a question for all of you.  Why do folks say Green Bay wasted Rodgers prime years and it is a shame he only has one ring but you don't hear folks saying the Saints may have squandered Brees' best years without a ring?

Sean Payton elevates Drew Brees while Rodgers elevated Mccarthey led teams and offenses. The dynamic is much different.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

on one side people are saying Brees can’t carry his team like other QBs, others are saying he’s just a stat padder

i don’t see how those things can both be possible, if you’re trying to carry your team you’re not padding stats

10 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Brees is a notorious stat padder 

Like that 7 touchdown game where his team won by one score... that’s a classic brees stat pad game 

brees has had several historically bad defenses in his career, if he’s not up by 20+ he’s at risk of losing 

Edited by Dome

Just now, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

He's a stat padder and a crybaby on the field. He's not an all time great, today's rules make him look better than previous eras. He's an above average QB with flashes of being great. Sean Payton is a big key to his success. 

Brees has shown ability before Payton.