2019 Divisional Round Playoffs

Leader

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Seattle 21 v. Cincinnati 20

Seattle 28 v. Pittsburgh 26 (Rapeburger goes out in first half)

Seattle 32 v. Browns 28

Seattle 27 v. Atlanta 20 (before Atlanta started to turn it around)

Seattle 40 v. Tamp 34

Seattle 30 v. Carolina 24

Arizona 27 v. Seattle 13 (when they had a chance to be playing the next week for a division championship and a bye)

LOL! 

Wow - Seattle's offense is even better than I thought.

21 minutes ago, cannondale said:

LOL! Yeah, because NFL teams never play close games against inferior opponents. 

That's an exagerration because you know GB has looked crappy against all of those inferior teams, not one or two, but that's a dead horse. If GB beats Seattle after all of those other performances, they deserve all the credit in the world. But if Blough can hang with this team, Seattle could blow them out. It's not crazy thinking

David Blough had a 41.4 completion percentage and a 39.7 QB rating against us. I'm not sure thats exactly hanging with this team. The week before we held Kirk Cousins to almost that exact type of performance,  I'm willing to bet we can shut down Wilson more than him blowing us out at our house mind you.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

11 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

David Blough had a 41.4 completion percentage and a 39.7 QB rating against us. I'm not sure thats exactly hanging with this team. The week before we held Kirk Cousins to almost that exact type of performance,  I'm willing to bet we can shut down Wilson more than him blowing us out at our house mind you.

You made my point for me - thanks. If a QB can play that bad and it still takes a last second field goal to win, what does that say ? This isn't rocket science.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

You made my point for me - thanks. If a QB can play that bad and it still takes a last second field goal to win, what does that say ? This isn't rocket science.

It says we played a terrible game, against a bad team and still found a way to win. Which is what good teams do, they find a way to win. You think the difference between good and bad teams is enormous. It's fractional and often comes down to who knows how to win. 

No idea what Green Bay team shows up next week. No idea what Seattle team shows up next week. 

I like our chances to win and believe we can dominate them. Time will tell, but you do you! 

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It tells me the offense has sucked, it has nothing to do with those teams bad QBs hanging around with us.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

Living in the Pacific Northwest, I've had the misfortune of watching a lot of Seahawks games over the years. This is one of the ugliest teams you will ever see. Their offensive game plan is to run the ball on 1st down, run it again on 2nd down, and then call a deep passing play on 3rd down that requires Russell Wilson to bob and weave through defenders before uncorking a beautiful throw downfield. Somehow it works well enough to keep the game close (their games are literally always close) and usually allow them to win in the final minute.

On paper, we should beat the crap out of this team. Their offensive line sucks, they have no running backs, their offensive coordinator is stuck in the 1970s. They have some good players on defense, but nothing close to years past. We have a clear advantage pretty much everywhere except QB and ILB. However, I have watched enough Seahawks games to know that this is probably going to go down to the wire and be one of the ugliest games in the history of football. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Golfman said:

It says we played a terrible game, against a bad team and still found a way to win. Which is what good teams do, they find a way to win. You think the difference between good and bad teams is enormous. It's fractional and often comes down to who knows how to win. 

No idea what Green Bay team shows up next week. No idea what Seattle team shows up next week. 

I like our chances to win and believe we can dominate them. Time will tell, but you do you! 

Well most good teams would win 30-10 under those circumstances.

If GB wins 34-10, you can say I told you so. It will also be the first time this season that they perform well enough to accomplish it. I'm not big on firsts in Week 18

Edited by cannondale

14 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Living in the Pacific Northwest, I've had the misfortune of watching a lot of Seahawks games over the years. This is one of the ugliest teams you will ever see. Their offensive game plan is to run the ball on 1st down, run it again on 2nd down, and then call a deep passing play on 3rd down that requires Russell Wilson to bob and weave through defenders before uncorking a beautiful throw downfield. Somehow it works well enough to keep the game close (their games are literally always close) and usually allow them to win in the final minute.

On paper, we should beat the crap out of this team. Their offensive line sucks, they have no running backs, their offensive coordinator is stuck in the 1970s. They have some good players on defense, but nothing close to years past. We have a clear advantage pretty much everywhere except QB and ILB. However, I have watched enough Seahawks games to know that this is probably going to go down to the wire and be one of the ugliest games in the history of football. 

What's your take on the 49er / Seahawks game ?

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

Wow - Seattle's offense is even better than I thought.

That was then ... this is now.  Their running game is grounded .. no resemblance of what is was just a few games ago.  Pressure Wilson with the Smith's ... use Jones non stop.

58 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I think you nailed it pretty damn well.  Once Wilson escapes, it almost always ends up sucking for the defense, as you pointed out.  He can run it for 15 yards, or make some ridiculous throw that leaves announcers speechless.  With our defense, I prefer a matchup with a pocket passer because we’ve proven we can get home.  If our defense can play disciplined and contain and pressure Wilson, it should be a no-brainer.  Ugly?  Probably.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Well most good teams would win 30-10 under those circumstances.

If GB wins 34-10, you can say I told you so. It will also be the first time this season that they perform well enough to accomplish it. I'm not big on firsts in Week 18

That would be so sweet on both counts.

Guess home field is overrated in this year's playoffs. This is a scary trend. Three home teams lost and Houston should've loss. I know we have a slight edge on paper but that little weasel Wilson scares me in big games, he always finds a way to break our hearts. Guy doesn't miss on deep throws, his accuracy is on point right now. He won't be missing guys like Blough did.  He's built to play in this type of weather, he played in Wisconsin people seem to forget that. If our offense has their usual slow sloppy start this game may get ugly fast. That Lions  game left a bad taste in my mouth and i just can't trust this team. I'm hoping for the best but a let down wouldn't shock me one bit.