2019 Divisional Round Playoffs

Leader

29 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The problem with you is it's wasted on the young! You are proof of that. 

1. The fact you try and refute momentum in sports actually exists is proof you know not what you speak of! 

2. Analytics alone without thought for the current situation you reside will get you beat. Baltimore is ABSOLUTELY proof of that. 

Trust me punk I know more about analytics then you'll ever know. I also have a thing called common sense your generation wasn't blessed with.

Enjoy your day you little $#%^&! 

1. There have been a number examples brought up that, at the very least, show how over-hyped momentum is. 

2. Analytics have come/are coming for every sport. It's only natural that we try to play the games smarter. The most successful teams will still need that combo of instincts (which range from play selection to reading your opponent to knowing the situation without needing someone in your ear) and analytics to succeed in this new era. 

Re: Baltimore - That only makes sense if you think that those two 4th and 1 plays are the reasons for biting on play action and a bad rushing defense. Also, the narrative could easily be that, had the Titans scored TDs if the Ravens punted/kicked a FG, that Harbaugh surrendered momentum by playing it safe twice. Sort of like the Packers did in the 2014 NFC Championship Game.

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

In blackjack, you still hit when you have 12, even if you busted the last time you tried it. This isn't complicated. 

In poker I always laugh when people say they hate big hands (Queens, Jacks, AQ, AK) because they "always" lose with them.

But they "always" win with their favorite numbers or their birth year or some other inane thing. Or 'x' hand is running 'hot' at the table so they have to play it.

Confirmation bias through anecdotal evidence is impossible to argue with but very profitable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Better question will gb defense look as bad as the Texans? They can’t get any pressure.

The Texans have the worst remaining defense of the teams in the playoffs. The Titans, Chiefs, Seahawks, and Packers are all in that same middling area.

The 49ers are the best remaining.