Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

BayRaider

Don’t think this game will be all that close (read again: not saying it will be a blowout). Feel it’s going to be a quality two score victory for the Packers. Perhaps something like 27-13. Wilson has a pedestrian performance while Rodgers has a quality performance with no turnovers, which makes all the difference.

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Ehhh, I do agree Wilson is better at this point but it’s a pretty small gap... not enough for Seattle to make a difference against a better team all around. 

I personally have Wilson as my #1 and Rodgers as my #2. Before anyone bombards me “Mahomes and Lamar!!” If it was a one season draft for a SB title is how I base my rankings. I still trust those guys more and they are 100% elite. Plus Mahomes and Lamar haven’t seen every defensive look in the book like those two. 

Not this season. Still, GB is much better in the trenches on both sides compared to Seattle, and while GB struggles vs the run, Seattle's lost their top RB's. LIS, it's a favorable matchup for GB

I hope GB win because it's a proper football franchise with great support.

Half the Seattle fans are only watching the game as they line up in Starbucks waiting for their skinny lattes.  Their fanbase are far more interested in getting their violins tuned perfectly and realligning their genders than winning a superbowl.

24 - 14 GB

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

I hope GB win because it's a proper football franchise with great support.

Half the Seattle fans are only watching the game as they line up in Starbucks waiting for their skinny lattes.  Their fanbase are far more interested in getting their violins tuned perfectly and realligning their genders than winning a superbowl.

24 - 14 GB

We are  not going to broach gender re-alignment into even the most nascent football conversation. 

And let's try not to talk about a group / fanbase in that regard. 

Thanks. 

• Like 6

Gotta go with GB here. I'm seeing 24-13. 

I've really liked what GB has done on defense lately. If their O-line holds up, it could get ugly for Seattle in terms of keeping them off balance on key downs much like Minnesota did with their run game last night. 

If it turns into shootout, I just don't see the Seahawks being able to keep up for long. 

As a football fan with a neutral stance on this game, I really wish Seattle wasn't as banged up. These two teams at close to 100% would be a heck of a January treat. 

Edited by ronjon1990

3 hours ago, Forge said:

We are  not going to broach gender re-alignment into even the most nascent football conversation.

Noted Moderator.

Though I do suspect it is a conversation that will have be addressed in the future career of Patrick Mahomes.  But I guess the forum can cross that bridge when it comes to it. 

peace and love to all.

I can't call this one. Really can't. I think Packers would have been better off with Saints coming to town. Oh, well.

Correct me here if I'm wrong, the year the Seahawks won the championship, didn't they eliminate Green Bay in the playoffs when the Seahawks did an onside kick at the end of the game, get possession, and go on to eventually win the game (OT ?) ?

Edited by Split the Sticks

7 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

I can't call this one. Really can't. I think Packers would have been better off with Saints coming to town. Oh, well.

Correct me here if I'm wrong, the year the Seahawks won the championship, didn't they eliminate Green Bay in the playoffs when the Seahawks did an onside kick at the end of the game, get possession, and go on to eventually win the game (OT ?) ?

No, they won the SB the year prior in 2013. The year of The Great Sorrow was also the year the Seahawks failed to run it at the 1 and lost to the Patriots in the SB. 

But yes, that all happened in the NFC Championship.

Edited by Cheesehawk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

EDIT: Someone else already explained first. 

Edited by PapaShogun

I really didn't want the Seahawks. Still have nightmares from 2014. Wilson scares the hell out of me, and I really don't want to see a Seahawks - Vikings NFCCG... gross

I wanted the Saints, partly because I wanted to see us play them, but also because I think we matched up okay with them especially at home. Eagles were the 1st choice

• Like 1