Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

BayRaider

The numbers say Packers, my heart says Seahawks. They just seem to be playing with more mojo. I haven’t been impressed with Green Bay, to me they are amongst the weaker 12 win teams, I felt more than a few of their games were heavily influenced by the refs, (Detroit for example). DK Metcalf has looked very dominate of late. 

Just like the Vikings had no chance of going into New Orleans, I feel this is vey similar. Also, Wilson being 0-3 in Green Bay to me is point of contention for a guy like him. Makes playing the best a statement game. Show the world why you were in consideration for MVP by erasing that bad stat. 

I’m not saying it is a definite, but I would not be surprised to see the Seahawks go in there and win.

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

In the last four weeks of the season, did Green Bay's run defense significantly improve?

They were horrendous at one point.

Kenny Clark's play dipped a bit in the middle of the season (rumors were floating around he was playing through a bad ankle.) The past month or so he's really found his footing again, and the defense has looked better as a result. Also coincides with Z. Smith having a hot end to the year. Rashan Gary seems to be playing better too (seeing more snaps; maybe he's starting to get it) but I'm not sure if that plays a big role in the turn around

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 9:46 PM, Shanedorf said:

Thought I was watching Nick bosa highlights for a second. Good stuff 

Packers DL should be all over Wilson from the start of the game. Seattles OL is crap

Seattle is outmatched on offense in this game. Their defense will be ok. Should be pretty low scoring I would imagine with the potential for GB to boat race them if their offense is clicking and Rodgers is playing within the offense 

• Like 1

This is gonna be the Divisional Round's version of Texans/Bills. Weird, pretty low scoring, and really close. Some team wins in OT with a trick play or defensive TD along the way. 

Seahawks 21-18 in OT. You got this Seattle (please).

I also really want Seattle at San Fran in the title game, most entertaining match up we can get with the four remaining teams IMO.

3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I hope

From The Athletic

"Wilson’s eight seasons in the league have been nothing short of prolific, but his trips to Lambeau haven’t been the same. In those three losses, he’s completed just 57.3 percent of his passes, thrown 3 touchdowns against 6 interceptions, averaged 6.3 yards per pass attempt and accumulated a passer rating of 60.4
Seattle failed to score a touchdown in the first half of all three meetings. "

Feel like GB is underrated by the masses due to the perceived "close games" this year. 538 ran an article where they reversed the results of every "close game" on the season, where "close" was defined as a game between 40 and 60% win probability at any point within the last 5 minutes of the game. When each of those game results was reversed, GB would have finished 12-4. Seattle would have finished 7-9.

This demonstrates the effect that GB was largely dominant through their perceived "close games", but allowed garbage time scores that made the final result appear closer than the game ever was.

Additionally, GB had the 3rd best WP added offense w/ Aaron Jones on the field and the 29th with him off the field. Look for Jones to get more % playing time in the postseason, as he was held on a pitch count in-season (probably due to previous durability issues the past two seasons).

Finally, GB's up and down defense finished the season UP, yielding an average 14 ppg over the final 5 weeks (would have been good enough for the #2 scoring defense this season).

WIth GB fully healthy, at home, rested, and surging after finishing 5-0 against an ailing, limping Seattle team, and a history of having Russell Wilson (and Seattle's) number in Lambeau, I think we will see a double-digit win for GB. Something like 27-16 seems about right. Team is focused and led by playoff-experienced veterans as well, they will be up for this one.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Silver said:

The numbers say Packers, my heart says Seahawks. They just seem to be playing with more mojo. I haven’t been impressed with Green Bay, to me they are amongst the weaker 12 win teams, I felt more than a few of their games were heavily influenced by the refs, (Detroit for example). DK Metcalf has looked very dominate of late. 

Just like the Vikings had no chance of going into New Orleans, I feel this is vey similar. Also, Wilson being 0-3 in Green Bay to me is point of contention for a guy like him. Makes playing the best a statement game. Show the world why you were in consideration for MVP by erasing that bad stat. 

I’m not saying it is a definite, but I would not be surprised to see the Seahawks go in there and win.

But how do they rank among 13 win teams? 🤔