Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

BayRaider

Hidden thing nobody is talking about is the HCs. Pete is a bona fife A-lister who has won it all and is used to this stage. Compare vs LaFleur coaching his first playoff game. Worked out well so far for him, but playoffs are a different animal. Also it’s an offensive vs defensive HC battle, should be fun to watch 

FYI,  4 of Seattle OL sat out of practice on Wednesday, Duane Brown, Mike Iuapti, Joey Hunt and George Fant. That's four potential starters. Not exactly a great sign. 

TBH Seattle needs this unit to play well. I think Seattles best chance at winning would be control the LOS, ground and pound to control the clock, and use playaction to keep those edge rushers honest. This is a game where Chris Carson would have been vital. Not really hopefully if Jamarco Jones is playing LT, and is anchored by Haynes or Roos inside (They have a total of 0 snaps on offense this year).  

• Like 1

This is a fascinating game.

On one hand the Packers might be the worst 13 win team I’ve ever seen since I’ve been watching football. They’re not great at really anything side from not turning the ball over. It wouldn’t shock me if the offense was held to 10 points or the defense gave up 35.

On the other hand the Seahawks are basically the Russell Wilson show and have been for the last 3 seasons.  It’s a 4 win team without him on the roster. I don’t like the Skill position guys, offensive line, defense, or special teams. Even Pete caroll has always been questionable to me when it comes to clock management and in game coaching decisions gong back to his time in NE

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

From The Athletic

"There is no exercise more pointless than trying to predict what’s going to happen in a Seahawks game "

This is so true. Although you can predict a couple of things:

• Seattle will routinely put themselves into 3rd and long situations, and Russell Wilson will perform some magic to convert a first down.
  • Seattle will throw a screen pass to someone you've never heard of before
  • Not a single Seattle fan will be happy if they win
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

• Seattle will routinely put themselves into 3rd and long situations, and Russell Wilson will perform some magic to convert a first down.

Pretty true. Been to Seattle and they are very relaxed after a win. I’m not surprised at all we only have one Seattle fan on thos forum. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 1:26 PM, incognito_man said:

Feel like GB is underrated by the masses due to the perceived "close games" this year. 538 ran an article where they reversed the results of every "close game" on the season, where "close" was defined as a game between 40 and 60% win probability at any point within the last 5 minutes of the game. When each of those game results was reversed, GB would have finished 12-4. Seattle would have finished 7-9.

I'd be interested in seeing that article, could you link it?

The only similar thing I've seen flips every one-score game this season (with the exception of week 17) and here are the results.

https://dailysnark.com/how-the-nfl-standings-look-if-every-one-score-game-was-flipped-is-fascinating/

8 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'd be interested in seeing that article, could you link it?

The only similar thing I've seen flips every one-score game this season (with the exception of week 17) and here are the results.

https://dailysnark.com/how-the-nfl-standings-look-if-every-one-score-game-was-flipped-is-fascinating/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/not-all-close-nfl-wins-were-actually-close/amp/

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Be interesting to see if Pete will allow Wilson to carry the team or if he will stick to his heavy run ideology. 

qjnrhjrlkbkg7urargyi

GREEN BAY - The Packers need 700 people to shovel out the seats at Lambeau Field beginning 6 a.m. Sunday before the Packers- Seahawks game.

The field will be in need of snow removal after the incoming snow Saturday night. As of Thursday afternoon, the city is expected to get 8 to 10 inches of snow through Sunday. Helpers must be at least 18 years old and will be paid $12 per hour.

636492164875123611--KB22846-edit.jpg?wid

8 hours ago, showtime said:

I read that Russell Wilson's struggles vs the Packers in the past have been vs Dom Capers' defense.  Mike Pettine is their defensive coordinator right now and Russell Wilson is 3-0 in his career vs Pettine.

=)

This is also by far the most talented defense the Packers have had since 2010. 

10 hours ago, showtime said:

I read that Russell Wilson's struggles vs the Packers in the past have been vs Dom Capers' defense.  Mike Pettine is their defensive coordinator right now and Russell Wilson is 3-0 in his career vs Pettine.

=)

couldnt be because Pettine used to coach the Browns, Bills, and Jets :)