Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

BayRaider

16 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

As underwhelming as the Packers looked at times in the regular season (underwhelming when looked at as contenders), they still went an incredible 13-3 all while their HOF QB was playing well below his ability. What happens when he starts looking like himself, as he did tonight? They become as dangerous as anyone. I’d be shocked if the rematch next week isn’t close this time around. 

I would be FREAKING FLOORED if we won. Their defense scares me. That front 4 is badass, and their secondary is good enough (especially against our crapass receivers) to give the 4 to get to Aaron.

Not as scared of their offense, but they can grind out yards on the ground that I'm not sure we can stop quickly, and there's always the danger of Jimmy G flashing that smile and our secondary forgetting where they are for a moment.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's not playing the same defense as he did tonight next week...which is problematic. It could certainly be closer, but I'm not expecting Rodgers to be 2012 Rodgers or something. 

That’s true, it’s all about the OL giving him enough time to throw. It may not be that version of Rodgets in terms of numbers if he gets protection, but throwing dimes into tight coverage. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

the Jimmy Graham first down that was actually a first down is somehow worse than the turnover the refs screwed GB out of in the first half because it fits your agenda, right?

A bad spot that literally ended the game is somehow not worse than a correct fumble ruling in the 2nd quarter? How many times do people need to have this argument on this forum until people realize that calls made in the 2nd half of games do not impact the outcome vs. calls that literally end the game for one team!?

Also, let me remind you that the result of that "blown call" on the "fumble" was GB stopping Seattle and forcing a punt.

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You're kidding me, right?

Was it really that one sided?  The Packers absolutely should have gotten the ball on Seattle's first drive and Seattle's OL was holding like crazy that I don't think got called once. 

Packers got that facemask against Clowney that the ref said he was an opening of the helmet.  Clowney grabbed his helmet and our guy came up with his helmet half off.  It was the wrong call but understandable that the ref thought it was a facemask and then there was the questionable spot at the end of the game.  

Penalties were 6-4 in favor of GB.  3 of Seattle's 6 penalties were O/D offside, one was a blatant holding on Clowney, a ticky tack PI call and the "facemask".  I can't really think of GB that was blatantly not called unless I'm forgetting something.  

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Also, let me remind you that the result of that "blown call" on the "fumble" was GB stopping Seattle and forcing a punt

our field position was terrible after that punt.

and the fumble thing seemed like an obvious recovery on the replay

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Was it really that one sided?  The Packers absolutely should have gotten the ball on Seattle's first drive and Seattle's OL was holding like crazy that I don't think got called once. 

Packers got that facemask against Clowney that the ref said he was an opening of the helmet.  Clowney grabbed his helmet and our guy came up with his helmet half off.  It was the wrong call but understandable that the ref thought it was a facemask and then there was the questionable spot at the end of the game.  

Penalties were 6-4 in favor of GB.  3 of Seattle's 6 penalties were O/D offside, one was a blatant holding on Clowney, a ticky tack PI call and the "facemask".  I can't really think of GB that was blatantly not called unless I'm forgetting something.  

I don't think there was bias in the officiating one way or another, tbh. I think that if you thought Seattle was getting the benefit of the officiating, you're insane.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Which one is worse:

Losing the game or having bad field position in the 2nd quarter?

losing the game is worse.

but that call was too close to overturn.

favorable spots happen all the time

it was close, and either way it was called, it wouldnt (and shouldnt )have been overturned