Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

BayRaider

Here is a full video of the play in its entirety without any important parts left out or still images that fit either side of any agenda.

https://[LINK ERROR]/r98xq

IMO, based on having to watch this about 30 times in a row now thanks to game pass (no exaggeration). I would say yes, it was a bad spot, but only by a couple of inches and nothing egregious like I had initially thought in the first place and so I can understand why the refs made the call that they did.

I can see how they would make a call this in real-time and then realize that there's not enough inclusive evidence to overturn it because it really is that close.  

The yellow line looks like it was spotted a little bit further than the ACTUAL first spot of the line (which is not uncommon--the yellow lines are not official and are only an estimate for television and visual purposes).

The yellow line was placed at the 36-yard line EXACTLY, while the actual spot of the ball was placed a few inches BEFORE the 36 yard-line (based on where the sticks are placed).

See image below: The black line (created by me) is a trajectory from the middle of the actual line and the yellow line is the one we saw on TV.

PARwwC5.png

Now, if you fast forward to about the 2:35 mark you will see a good view of where the elbow is down, which is only about only maybe an inch or two before the 39 yard line. (1 yard equals 36 inches....something I think some fans tend to forget at times)

onfF2rz.png

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

Man that’s twice Seattle got taken on two spot reviews. Got suckered on both. 

What was with the two reviews??  I can't recall ever seeing that happen before in an NFL game.

I thought it was short.  I wonder if we would have gone for it if they said 4th down...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

A bad spot that literally ended the game is somehow not worse than a correct fumble ruling in the 2nd quarter? How many times do people need to have this argument on this forum until people realize that calls made in the 2nd half of games do not impact the outcome vs. calls that literally end the game for one team!?

Also, let me remind you that the result of that "blown call" on the "fumble" was GB stopping Seattle and forcing a punt.

lol

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Couple of things:

• That Malik Turner drop essentially ended the game by itself
  • Pete choosing to punt instead of relying on Russell Wilson is predictable but so stupid
  • Seahawks not doubling Davante Adams and instead choosing to put Ugo Amadi on him 1v1 on 3rd and 9 is just asinine
  • That spot was ATROCIOUS
  • Green Bay was like 85% on 3rd downs tonight. There's your story of the game.

Russell Wilson deserves better than this lol

You don't go for it on 4th and long.   You punt and hope your D can stop them one more time.

46 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I dont know, this one was pretty blatant

gbreplay122407_fullsize_story2.jpg

also, this photoshop was really well done

hailmar2.gif

Why people still use still images and 3 seconds gifs to prove a point in any sports discussion in 2020 amazes me. Edit: what's worse is those who actually believe them. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

3 hours ago, bomont said:

You people saying no way that was a first need glasses. It was very close and nowhere near enough to overturn.

Anyway, props to GB but if I'm a Pack fan I'm going "whew" and worrying about SF because their D needs to get a grip. No way should this game have been that close against a hobbled Seahawk team. And some terrible play-calling to boot. 

I didn't mind the play calling.  The execution of the plays called is another matter...

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The oddest thing about your suggestion is that they already have sensors inside the balls and the jersey's of most players. That's how nextgen stats track their data. Why they don't use this technology is beyond me.

The same reason why they don't use the strike zone box in MLB.