Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

BayRaider

Do you know what is getting kind of tiresome to me?  Hearing the losing side complain about the refs "costing us the game" after practically every playoff game these days.  The way I see it unless a call is as egregious as the one that happened to the Saints last year (which warmed the cockles of my heart, by the way, but I digress) fans need to just start looking at very close calls as part of the game.  It's like when your running back fumbles or your QB overthrows a pass by 6", or when a receiver drops one that is right in his hands.  Human error is just part of the game.  As fans, we should probably learn to "roll with the punches" of calls that don't go our team's way.  

I don't mean to single out Seahawks fans, because pretty much every fan base does this.  Believe me, nobody wants to see the Packers lose more than I do every single week, but the way I see this one is that the Packers did enough to win the game.  End of story.  People should just congratulate them on a good win and say "we'll see you next year." 

Now the Packers are on to San Francisco, where I'm quite certain that the game won't be close enough where a single call will be capable of being a deciding factor in the outcome of the game.  

Congratulations Green Bay.  Go Niners!!!!!!!!!   :)

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Do you know what is getting kind of tiresome to me?  Hearing the losing side complain about the refs "costing us the game" after practically every playoff game these days.  The way I see it unless a call is as egregious as the one that happened to the Saints last year (which warmed the cockles of my heart, by the way, but I digress) fans need to just start looking at very close calls as part of the game.  It's like when your running back fumbles or your QB overthrows a pass by 6", or when a receiver drops one that is right in his hands.  Human error is just part of the game.  As fans, we should probably learn to "roll with the punches" of calls that don't go our team's way.  

I don't mean to single out Seahawks fans, because pretty much every fan base does this.  Believe me, nobody wants to see the Packers lose more than I do every single week, but the way I see this one is that the Packers did enough to win the game.  End of story.  People should just congratulate them on a good win and say "we'll see you next year." 

Now the Packers are on to San Francisco, where I'm quite certain that the game won't be close enough where a single call will be capable of being a deciding factor in the outcome of the game.  

Congratulations Green Bay.  Go Niners!!!!!!!!!   :)

I haven't seen a single person saying the refs costed Seattle this game.

11 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

A bad spot that literally ended the game is somehow not worse than a correct fumble ruling in the 2nd quarter? How many times do people need to have this argument on this forum until people realize that calls made in the 2nd half of games do not impact the outcome vs. calls that literally end the game for one team!?

Also, let me remind you that the result of that "blown call" on the "fumble" was GB stopping Seattle and forcing a punt.

Because it's the same application of the replay process.  It has to be clear, irrefutable evidence that something other than what was called on the field.  Is there clear, irrefutable evidence that Jimmy Graham DIDN'T make the line to gain for the first down?  No. Ergo, he got the first down because of the ruling on the field.  You can't just apply rules when they favor you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Because it's the same application of the replay process.  It has to be clear, irrefutable evidence that something other than what was called on the field.  Is there clear, irrefutable evidence that Jimmy Graham DIDN'T make the line to gain for the first down?  No. Ergo, he got the first down because of the ruling on the field.  You can't just apply rules when they favor you.

I think I clarified in another post - I wasn't angry with the review per-se that stood with the call on the field. I was angry with the initial spot because it was basically 1.5 yards past where he actually landed.

I want somebody to make a super realistic Photoshop of Graham making that catch in the endzone so I can ***** about the refs costing us a sweet touchdown by just giving us the first down. Terrible spot, 36 yards behind where he actually caught it! Goddamn refs.

Edited by DannyB