The Divisional Round! the other games...

vike daddy

Who would rather face in the NFCCG, Seattle or Green Bay? Revenge is a big factor against either team, especially so against Green Bay, but I am concerned they're just a bad matchup for Minnesota this team. Health question marks all over for Seattle.

36 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Who would rather face in the NFCCG, Seattle or Green Bay? Revenge is a big factor against either team, especially so against Green Bay, but I am concerned they're just a bad matchup for Minnesota this team. Health question marks all over for Seattle.

One game at a time. Don’t even want to think about that yet. I’d assume we all want Green Bay to lose to Seattle to end their season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Seattle. I think we’d match up a lot better. Plus, I’d rather avoid Green Bay in late January. 

As a 49er fan, I think that there's also always just a weirdness in play when you're matching up with a division rival, you know? It's the same reason that I'll wager most people in the 49er forum would rather play Green Bay than Seattle if we happen to get by you guys. 

• Like 3

On 1/5/2020 at 9:01 PM, SemperFeist said:

Crazy to see that the Vikings scored the most points (26) of any team in the Wild Card, and that no team scored more than 20 points in regulation.

average winning score of the other three teams - 19.7 (so we outscored that average by a touchdown)

average losing score of the other three teams - 13.7 (so the Saints outscored that average by a touchdown)

On 1/5/2020 at 8:33 PM, Nozizaki said:

I'd still rather face Green Bay...I actually disagree with @SemperFeist, I think they still match up better vs Green Bay than Seattle.  They certainly didn't look like it last game, but I'm not sure what team that was that was playing against the Green and Gold.  

As far as the other games, I think the Chiefs might be in danger...they weren't left with any real good options, with the Patriots or Texans options, as they have struggled with them in the past, including having lost to the Texans this season...not to mention that they lost to the Titans as well this season.    They did beat the Ravens early on, but that was in Arrowhead, if they both win this weekend, the rematch will be in Baltimore.  

48 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'd still rather face Green Bay...I actually disagree with @SemperFeist, I think they still match up better vs Green Bay than Seattle.  They certainly didn't look like it last game, but I'm not sure what team that was that was playing against the Green and Gold.  

As far as the other games, I think the Chiefs might be in danger...they weren't left with any real good options, with the Patriots or Texans options, as they have struggled with them in the past, including having lost to the Texans this season...not to mention that they lost to the Titans as well this season.    They did beat the Ravens early on, but that was in Arrowhead, if they both win this weekend, the rematch will be in Baltimore.  

I don't buy it. The Chiefs are a top 5 offense and top 10 defense, and this is including the time Mahomes has missed and their abysmal start on defense. After their bye week Kansas city went 5-0 and allowed only 10.4 PPG while continuing their offensive dominance. Houston played an insane ball control offense when they went to KC and won in week 6, where they ran the ball 41 times for 192 yards and possessed the ball for 39:48. Kansas City only possessed the ball 3 times in the second half and Kansas City's defense forced no punts. I'm serious, the Texans turned the ball over on downs or scored on every drive except their final drive which exhausted clock.

I think Houston is in big trouble, and I think that may be the only game this weekend that isn't close.

Edited by Nozizaki