GDT DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS: Packers vs Seattle Seahawks

squire12

Sucks that the talking heads during and after the game wrongly made this an issue.  It was a clean first down, and never should have been in question.  What should have been in question is why the great Pete Carroll chose to punt with about 3 minutes left in the game.  They never saw the ball again and lost.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Sucks that the talking heads during and after the game wrongly made this an issue.  It was a clean first down, and never should have been in question.  What should have been in question is why the great Pete Carroll chose to punt this about 3 minutes left in the game.  They never saw the ball again and lost.

Agree, with the way Carroll's defense was playing and how Adams was roasting them all game, he should have known better then trust his defense to get a stop when it mattered. Kudos to the Packers and the offense for sealing the game. 

On a side note, on those last 3rd and 9's or whatever they were I wonder if McCarthy would have just ran it or called some time of draw play? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

On a side note, on those last 3rd and 9's or whatever they were I wonder if McCarthy would have just ran it or called some time of draw play? 

Good question .. hard to tell with McCarthy.  I think he probably would have been aggressive given the same circumstances since there was little benefit in forcing the seahawks to use up timeouts with the 2 minute warning available to stop the clock for Seattle.

I try not to come in here during the games anymore... I've been enjoying just watching the game. I did come in a couple times because I was mad...

Same old script for this team this year. Great early starts, run game seems to be working, then we let them back by playing a soft defense and slow down the run calls... I'm not sure how we win against the 49ers without getting up early again. Interested to see what kind of game Pettine calls, because my biggest issue last night was seemingly playing pure contain for like the entire 3rd quarter and letting Russell scramble around in the pocket, exhausting our defense. 

• Like 1

Desperate for Packers audio content this morning, I listened to G&G postgame show. Every time I do, I’m just amazed how dumb Michaels and Ellerson are. Just get so many things wrong. 

But they did play bits of Lynch’s post game presser and it was funny. Something about taking care of your chickens. 

Edited by mikebpackfan

Might have been discussed already and I missed it but what was the main reason for the seahawks coming back? I think it was LaFleur getting outcoached in the second half, especially on defense and not changing anything? Is anyone with more knowledge then me able to provide some insight. I know the defense got extremely gassed in the second half, seemed like at some point they would have point a spy on wilson but I don't think they ever did.

Edited by dwaye50327

9 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Might have been discussed already and I missed it but what was the main reason for the seahawks coming back? I think it was LaFleur getting outcoached in the second half, especially on defense and not changing anything? Is anyone with more knowledge then me able to provide some insight. I know the defense got extremely gassed in the second half, seemed like at some point they would have point a spy on wilson but I don't think they ever did.

Pettine soft zones

9 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Russell Wilson being really damn good at football.

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Veldheer, Sullivan, Ervin. Gutey is exec of the year. Even his minor additions all played big roles for us yesterday.

Is there another front runner out there? Seems like it should be him but I'm probably forgetting someone