GDT DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS: Packers vs Seattle Seahawks

squire12

14 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Might have been discussed already and I missed it but what was the main reason for the seahawks coming back? I think it was LaFleur getting outcoached in the second half, especially on defense and not changing anything? Is anyone with more knowledge then me able to provide some insight. I know the defense got extremely gassed in the second half, seemed like at some point they would have point a spy on wilson but I don't think they ever did.

Why did the Seahawks come back? Because they were down 18 in the 3rd qtr of a playoff game and pulled out all the stops. Did you just expect Seattle to lie down and get rolled? They are one of the toughest teams in the NFL and never give up. 

11 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Might have been discussed already and I missed it but what was the main reason for the seahawks coming back? I think it was LaFleur getting outcoached in the second half, especially on defense and not changing anything? Is anyone with more knowledge then me able to provide some insight. I know the defense got extremely gassed in the second half, seemed like at some point they would have point a spy on wilson but I don't think they ever did.

It was Russell Wilson keeping the play alive with his feet.   Like usual, it is hard for the DL to get him on the ground.  The DL got gassed because they were having to run longer chasing his *** down.  He is a much better QB than people think.

1 minute ago, dwaye50327 said:

If that's the case, he didn't look that good in the first half. Was it just him saying screw the game plan and doing what he wanted then?

I think it's the Seahawks style ... play it straight for as long as they can, and then when they have to hand it over to Russell Wilson to work his magic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

If that's the case, he didn't look that good in the first half. Was it just him saying screw the game plan and doing what he wanted then?

The Packers DL went full wrecking ball in the first half. Seattle made some adjustments to lessen that impact and Wilson got hot. The Packers also had the clock on their side and worked it to fair degree. Seattle made good adjustments at halftime and made a game of it. They are a good team. Packers still got a couple stops they needed in the second half and the offense moved the ball and worked the clock against them.

Edited by spilltray
spelling
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

After the half Carroll mentioned a gameplan change was to let Wilson run more....so basically Carroll finally realized that team lives and dies by Wilson. 

25 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Seemed like they were too focused on handing off early I guess. Then they just let him do Wilson things

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Sucks that the talking heads during and after the game wrongly made this an issue.  It was a clean first down, and never should have been in question.  What should have been in question is why the great Pete Carroll chose to punt with about 3 minutes left in the game.  They never saw the ball again and lost.

This call reminds me of all the talk by Booger after the hands to the face of Bak against the Lions.  He had fans foaming at the mouth saying Detroit was robbed.