GDT DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS: Packers vs Seattle Seahawks

squire12

50 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I try not to come in here during the games anymore... I've been enjoying just watching the game. I did come in a couple times because I was mad...

Same old script for this team this year. Great early starts, run game seems to be working, then we let them back by playing a soft defense and slow down the run calls... I'm not sure how we win against the 49ers without getting up early again. Interested to see what kind of game Pettine calls, because my biggest issue last night was seemingly playing pure contain for like the entire 3rd quarter and letting Russell scramble around in the pocket, exhausting our defense

Russell does that to everybody.   But in the end when we absolutely needed a stop Preston got the sack and forced SEA to punt.  

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Russell does that to everybody.   But in the end when we absolutely needed a stop Preston got the sack and forced SEA to punt.  

I was seriously wondering if SEA would punt at that point.

It was 4th and 11 - so a conversion wouldnt be easy - but its not like the combination of their passing game and RWs scrambling wasnt picking up yards in chunks.

I was relieved when they punted.....and we never let them have the ball back. Good for us!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

It was 4th and 11 - so a conversion wouldnt be easy - but its not like the combination of their passing game and RWs scrambling wasnt picking up yards in chunks.

I was relieved when they punted.....and we never let them have the ball back. Good for us!

They absolutely should not have punted.  They took the ball out of their best players hands and gave it to a guy who also has a knack for making late game magic. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

In his post game presser Pete said they were gonna go for it until we sacked Wilson and made it 4th and long.

It was a nice that AR had the ball in his hands at the end of a big game for a change.  :)

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They absolutely should not have punted.  They took the ball out of their best players hands and gave to a guy who also has a knack for making late game magic. 

They had been getting stops and forcing us to punt often in the second half.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

In his post game presser Pete said they were gonna go for it until we sacked Wilson and made it 4th and long.

It was a nice that AR had the ball in his hands at the end of a big game for a change.  :)

I was like, YES!!!!! .. when I saw that they were punting.  Wilson had probably 5 or 6 long scrambles during the game, so it wouldn't have been a stretch he could do it again on 4th and long.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I didnt catch his comments, but thats certainly true.

I think it was 3rd and 5 on the sack down - so minus a decent negative result, it was two down territory.

Funny - I wondered if that missed reception by #17 - which him him right in the chest but bounced off him (the reason you catch with your paws.....) - I wondered if that would "break the spell" of their offense making gains.

Cant say it did obviously.....but things did go downhill for them from that point on.