GDT DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS: Packers vs Seattle Seahawks

squire12

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I remember Arrigo’s name from the ESPN board. People would reference his name in rumor mill Packer posts. Does anyone know his real story? His stuff was as reliable as like a pft (half truth agent gossip)

He was also on the PC board.  Got roasted a lot, along with some supposed former Packers scout named Patty.  Keyword being "former".  There was a very good reason for that.

I remember Arrigo’s name from the ESPN board. People would reference his name in rumor mill Packer posts. Does anyone know his real story? His stuff was as reliable as like a pft (half truth agent gossip)

God what a horrible board that was. Couldn't ignore people so when some Bears troll griefed you couldn't find a conversation unless you had it bookmarked. No organization or governing body to that board whatsoever. Thank God ESPN finally got wise and pulled the plug.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

God what a horrible board that was. Couldn't ignore people so when some Bears troll griefed you couldn't find a conversation unless you had it bookmarked. No organization or governing body to that board whatsoever. Thank God ESPN finally got wise and pulled the plug.

I was a part of that community from early in the 2000's right up until they pulled the plug - it was definitely a shlt show.  The Bears trolls were insufferable over there, and I noticed that many of them actually migrated over to this forum also.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I was a part of that community from early in the 2000's right up until they pulled the plug - it was definitely a shlt show.  The Bears trolls were insufferable over there, and I noticed that many of them actually migrated over to this forum also.  

Please tell me Berkshire Bull was one of them. 

I would say that some of our own posters were insufferable as well...in particular ttricknee and juteUWP. 

No joke. A year or two back I was arguing something with someone in a FB post, and hes tagged Joe Arrigo in a comment for backup. I about died with laughter. I'll give the guy a little credit though; even if they weren't true, still entertaining to read every week

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Savage is not an in the box safety. Yes he is our fastest Safety,  but his range is what makes him such an asset in deep coverage. Savage will be deep.

If Amos plays in the box and is spying Wilson, then is Greene playing back or are we going one high? I agree, I think Amos would be the better spying Wilson but I like the ability to still disguise the coverage with bringing Greene in as a 3rd safety. Before Greene went down he was being groomed for this position.

I haven't read the entire thread. But I assume Fackrell will get the assignment again much like last year. I forgot how great of a game he had until Shane shared the Twitter video. Dude was great on Wilson 

8 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

I haven't read the entire thread. But I assume Fackrell will get the assignment again much like last year. I forgot how great of a game he had until Shane shared the Twitter video. Dude was great on Wilson 

I'm not 100% sure but I think Fackrell played contain on his side of the field and wasn't spying Wilson. 

8 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

No joke. A year or two back I was arguing something with someone in a FB post, and hes tagged Joe Arrigo in a comment for backup. I about died with laughter. I'll give the guy a little credit though; even if they weren't true, still entertaining to read every week

I think Arrigo has always been involved with lower level media, but I don't think any of his scoops every came true.  He was wrong 100 percent of the time.  It seems he does a UNLV podcast and some other stuff these days. I think PC'ers liked having him around to keep people posting.  I never did understand the Patty angle .. supposed female ex-scout ... BS.  Odd site.  

1 minute ago, Kenrik said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think Fackrell played contain on his side of the field and wasn't spying Wilson. 

That's a good call .. he was excellent in that game.  Hopefully we see a repeat of that.  

Fack on Russ

Jaire on Lockett

King/Savage on Metcalf

Stuff the run and we should be golden.

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I would guess 2007/2008. I joined in 2007 as well. Actually... @DannyB might have been part of this. msmre, thrillhouse, packman luke? maybe @Malfatron was there? I forget ha

Oh, the babe draft that I for sure definitely won? I bet it happened in like 2009. But the thread wasn't in the Packers forum