GDT DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS: Packers vs Seattle Seahawks

squire12

Honestly the defense should be happy... it’s a team with a weak oline and run game. They should be able to just get after Wilson. The most important thing is consistent pressure across the line. Can’t just be the smiths on the edge... clark needs to make sure Wilson can’t step up and escape.

10 hours ago, Malfatron said:

I think Minnesota is gonna win

Their O line is going to get destroyed by SF.

They were also pretty fortunate to beat NO. Lutz missed FG of the Season, two pretty bone headed turnovers by Brees, Cook just missed a fumble, and that Rudolph Pushoff. Taysom Hill wins that game ;)

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

They were also pretty fortunate to beat NO. Lutz missed FG of the Season, two pretty bone headed turnovers by Brees, Cook just missed a fumble, and that Rudolph Pushoff. Taysom Hill wins that game ;)

That is true.

I do think Zimmer is going to give Jimmy G problems. And if Minny's line plays a good game and contains the run, it could be a close game. I'm not counting Minny out. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Their O line is going to get destroyed by SF.  They were also pretty fortunate to beat NO. Lutz missed FG of the Season, two pretty bone headed turnovers by Brees, Cook just missed a fumble, and that Rudolph Pushoff. Taysom Hill wins that game ;)

This

I think it will once again come down to Cook. If SF can neutralize him and the play action......its the way to beat them.

9 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Honestly the defense should be happy... it’s a team with a weak oline and run game. They should be able to just get after Wilson. The most important thing is consistent pressure across the line. Can’t just be the smiths on the edge... clark needs to make sure Wilson can’t step up and escape.

Ya but Wilson's BS can change things in a hurry. I'm not sure why most seem to think this will be an easy game. Seattle may be beat up. But while their coach may think jet fuel dosen't melt steel beams, he's a dang good football coach.

Seattle defensively is nothing special. It's Clowney and Wagner and then a bunch of mediocre players. We should be able to hit 24 on these guys so long as we can run the football.

Defensively our front should feast on that OL. Their running game doesn't scare me in the slightest. It's really going to come down to, can we get pressure without sacrificing rush lane integrity. Doesn't do much good if you pressure Wilson but leave gaps in the pocket for him to escape.

23 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

You have to be fortunate to win in the playoffs. I thought they played a hell of a game, especially the defense. If they can stop the run and hurry Garoppolo, I think they can definitely hang with the 49ers. 

34 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ya but Wilson's BS can change things in a hurry. I'm not sure why most seem to think this will be an easy game. Seattle may be beat up. But while their coach may think jet fuel dosen't melt steel beams, he's a dang good football coach.

I won’t be an easy game because of how well coached they are and because of Russell Wilson but this is a game where everything important is in the Packers favor.

Home field.

Weather

better oline and dline

better running game

better defense.

The Packers better not get fooled by some stupid trick plays because Pete will try them in desperation.  I’m sure Wilson will make some crazy plays as always but I think he will be under duress all game. 

in the end the Packers win 24-16 and get a stop in the red zone to end the game.

36 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Never said it will be easy. GB themselves don’t make it easy... forget what Seattle can do.

Facts are though... Seattle is a team that GB matches up well with. Honestly on both sides. Can blind luck happen? Of course. But the dline SHOULD eat and that will keep the score low. Plus Carroll is a conservative coach... that helps as well.

1 minute ago, YaddaHolla said:

I won’t be an easy game because of how well coached they are and because of Russell Wilson but this is a game where everything important is in the Packers favor.

Home field.

Weather

better oline and dline

better running game

better defense.

The Packers better not get fooled by some stupid trick plays because Pete will try them in desperation.  I’m sure Wilson will make some crazy plays as always but I think he will be under duress all game. 

in the end the Packers win 24-16 and get a stop in the red zone to end the game.

Pete's probably wishing for Shawn Slocum right about now.

• Like 1