GDT: Still kind of America’s Team at Ravens

titans0021

12 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I can’t pretend to be optimistic about this game.

It’s about time we got this raven matchup post , I’m ready to talk more playoff football . The last 2 days I’ve spent a lot of time looking at stats , looking at the ravens etc and although I’m not an expert this team can be beat.

The ravens are the number 1 rushing team , the titans are the 3rd .  

The Titans average the same amount as points as the Ravens since Tanehill took over . 

The Titans average more yards per game then the Ravens since Tanehill took over. 

The weakness of the Titans is there pass D , and the Ravens are a better run team. Yes they can pass but I’m way more confident in stopping there pass game then there rushing . This being said I’m actually confident we play a bend but don’t break defense and contain Lamar to under 100 yard rushing and forcing him to pass . 

As far as Henry is concerned  , I don’t think he has a monster game like he did the last two weeks , the ravens have monsters in the middle in pierce and Williams so I can see the Titans running to the outside more this week and bringing in a different game plan the. The one last week. The ravens have really good corners but there not the pats corners , they can be beat and we’re going to have to be able to pass too win this week , Im still confident in Tanehill to make the plays when needed . 

All this being Said I really feel this is going to be a close game   , like 27-24 and could go either way.  Although if it rains I think the Titans have the advantage with Henry . It’s going to be tough to stop the mvp but he’s been sitting for 3 weeks so maybe there’s some rust on the tires . 

Titan up 

It would be great poetic justice that we beat the Ravens in Baltimore in a year they are the super bowl favorites like we were back in 2008. 

Lamar Jackson is THE threat. 

Everything else makes them just a great team, opposed to an elite team. 

If we can run on the #1 run defense in Tampa Bay and New England (when they know we are going to run then we can run in Baltimore. 
The question would be if we can stop Jackson from breaking our defense when we have them in 3rd and 5 too many times. 

Because he will make plays and we need to get mentally ready for the plays he will make. But can we stop him from making too many.

Going back and looking at the Bills game and Niners game, those games were there to be had by the other teams. When they made him pass it was a winnable game. It was the running plays he made that broke the defense. 

• Like 1

Not related to the game, but not sure where to post this. A friend is telling me the rumor at Ohio State is that Coombs is coming back to be their co-DC. The deal is done and they're just waiting for our season to be over.

Just a rumor, so to be taken with a grain of salt.

Here’s the issue & what scares me about playing the Ravens 🗣Lamar Jackson. In order to contain Lamar we must play zone & 11 on 11 football. We play man, the second we turn our back on him he’ll make us pay. We must control the LOS & set the edge & not give up big plays in the passing game. I’m not worried about them getting more rushing yards than us as long as we can make Lamar ineffective as a QB I love our chances. But as we know playing zone is our defense weaknesses, Evans is better when he’s attacking & playing instinctively & same as Adoree.