GDT: Still kind of America’s Team at Ravens

titans0021

3 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

I ain't shook. This (almost) same Ravens team absolutely crapped the bed last year in the playoffs. Bring em on. 

2 things Lamar is a better QB Mark Ingram & Hollywood Brown, we most definitely gotta shot if we can run the ball & put points on the board 

• Like 1

Just now, TitanRedd said:

2 things Lamar is a better QB Mark Ingram & Hollywood Brown, we most definitely gotta shot if we can run the ball & put points on the board 

Yeah, its not the same weapons. Added and honed their offense with Lamar. He has more confidence. He is still an average to below average pocket passer. But has improved as a passer overall. He can be accurate, but I don't think he can read the field at a top/elite level.

I would tell the line don't even rush him. Just sit back and hold the line.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Bring it on. I want Baltimore. Unfinished business.

the Pats game cannot be our super bowl, and I don't think the team sees it that way. We're a bunch of hyenas and will play like it

That’s my worry, I really don’t want to win 1 big game and lay an egg like last year

Its hard to expect to win but I just want it to be a game and see what happens 

This was an old rivalry once upon a time it would be so nice to repay them for 00/01 and 08/09

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

the Pats game cannot be our super bowl, and I don't think the team sees it that way. We're a bunch of hyenas and will play like it

team def doesn't see it that way. derrick was yelling "WE WANT MORE" repeatedly before he even got to the locker room. 

sidenote, i'm shocked at how much henry has emerged as a vocal leader on this team. 

Has anyone noticed people saying Henry is 238 lbs? He's been listed at 247 since the NFL Combine. I've heard 238 multiple times this season, from PFF and from announcers and I'm not sure where the weight they're getting that number from.

Edited by TitanSS

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Not related to the game, but not sure where to post this. A friend is telling me the rumor at Ohio State is that Coombs is coming back to be their co-DC. The deal is done and they're just waiting for our season to be over.

Just a rumor, so to be taken with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I’ve been hearing that rumor around the interwebs. Wouldn’t surprise me.

20 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Has anyone noticed people saying Henry is 238 lbs? He's been listed at 247 since the NFL Combine. I've heard 238 multiple times this season, from PFF and from announcers and I'm not sure where the weight they're getting is coming from.

Yeah, that has confused me. Especially since, with his height and build, there’s no way he’s under 250.

We are bad at getting pressure, but we also blitz the 3rd least out of all teams. Or I should say we have the 3rd fewest number of rushers on average (things like rushing fewer than four could skew the blitzing stat). 

So while we do not get a lot of pressure, we also are generally play a lot of coverage. I think the perception is that we blitz often because of the CBs and S rushers, but we really don't. We pretty much just rush 4 and try to play zone coverage. We try to do a lot to disguise what the coverage is and which players are rushing. The rush disguises just haven't been working this year and now we're playing the team that knows Dean Pees probably better than anyone.

Edited by TitanSS

15 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

We are bad at getting pressure, but we also blitz the 3rd least out of all teams. Or I should say we have the 3rd fewest number of rushers on average (things like rushing fewer than four could skew the blitzing stat). 

So while we do not get a lot of pressure, we also are generally play a lot of coverage. I think the perception is that we blitz often because of the CBs and S rushers, but we really don't. We pretty much just rush 4 and try to play zone coverage. We try to do a lot to disguise what the coverage is and which players are rushing. The rush disguises just haven't been working this year and now we're playing the team that knows Dean Pees probably better than anyone.

do you know what the numbers are for last year? i could've sworn we were one of the teams that blitzed the most often last year, but perhaps i'm mistaken. would be strange to see such a drastic change.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

do you know what the numbers are for last year? i could've sworn we were one of the teams that blitzed the most often last year, but perhaps i'm mistaken. would be strange to see such a drastic change.

I'm not sure what last years was. And I guess I should say the source is an analytics account on Twitter, so it could always be wrong.

The Ravens were the highest by a large margin. I think they were over 4.8 rushers per pass play. We were a little over 4.1 I think. 

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I'm not sure what last years was. And I guess I should say the source is an analytics account on Twitter, so it could always be wrong.

The Ravens were the highest by a large margin. I think they were over 4.8 rushers per pass play. We were a little over 4.1 I think. 

I do feel like the Ravens blitz a lot, which means we have to be prepared when they blitz the edges to stop our play action roll out. I can see it now. Tanny getting leveled of fumbling when rolling out.