GDT: Still kind of America’s Team at Ravens

titans0021

7 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Sometimes bye weeks have a way of messing with a teams rhythm, coupled with them resting their starters in week 17. If the Ravens don’t start fast this could be an upset in the making.

I said it yesterday , I have a hunch as well .

I just think we match up well, Brown on Andrews, Brock and Adoree on the outside with vaccaro roaming the back end and Byard spying .  This game plan will be a lot different then last week and if we get going early and force the Ravens to start passing we will win this game .  I’m not saying Lamar is a bad passer because he’s not but he’s a way more dangerous running the ball. 

If Ravens shut down Henry I still think Tanehill can make plays , we’ve seen it all year . 

It’s going to come down to 4 quarters and if we lose then we ended the season knowing we have offensive triplets moving forward and an up an  coming team . If we win though I think super bowl will be a week away. 

Edited by FutureIsWhite

It sucks being a major underdog but it's great when you're the team with nothing to lose.

No one is picking us to win on the road against the team with the best record in the regular season and the league's MVP. Honestly, it's smart money not to pick us.

But....the league's MVP is young, and neither him or his team have had to deal with much adversity this season. What happens if they find themselves in a tight one(or even down) late in the game, against the team they should beat? What happens if Lamar has a few early TOs that puts his team in a hole? I'm legit curious because as everyone says, the playoffs are a whole different ballgame than the regular season.

49 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It sucks being a major underdog but it's great when you're the team with nothing to lose.

No one is picking us to win on the road against the team with the best record in the regular season and the league's MVP. Honestly, it's smart money not to pick us.

But....the league's MVP is young, and neither him or his team have had to deal with much adversity this season. What happens if they find themselves in a tight one(or even down) late in the game, against the team they should beat? What happens if Lamar has a few early TOs that puts his team in a hole? I'm legit curious because as everyone says, the playoffs are a whole different ballgame than the regular season.

It's not a great sample size, but looking at the Niners, Bills and even the Patriots games, those games were winnable against the Ravens. The Ravens had the ball bounce their way once or twice. Forced a turnover or the other team didn't make a play. But they weren't just roadkill to the Ravens. 
When Jackson was forced to throw it, I think it favored the defense more times than not. The offense doesn't call for him to make a lot of reads. The danger comes when he escapes the pocket on the passing downs.  Offense doesn't give him many chances to mess it up, with the concepts and reads. 

Looking at last year's Chargers game, I think Mark Ingram is the real difference. Also the offense is now fully a option offense. They still tried to put him in a spread last year and he was terrible throwing it. 

All that to say, I think if we play our game and the defense can make a stop or two, it is anybody's game. I'm not worried about our offense playing their defense, it will be a battle but not worried.

I'm just worried about Lamar Jackson running wild on unscripted plays or just being a running back in the backfield. He will run it at least 10 times. 

55 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Lamar is in total control of the game at all times and he has proven this year on many occasions that he is capable of overcoming adversity.. The Ravens played two tough games against Seattle and San Francisco where he needed to take over the game and make a play and he did  just that. This team played one of the toughest schedules in the league this season and faced some tremendous defenses and came out on top virtually every time.

I don't expect Titans fans to understand any of this because they just don't follow the Ravens closely enough but I must say that Lamar is the real deal folks.. Anything is possible in the playoffs and sure there is a possibility that the Titans pull the upset but I just don't think they will be able to keep up with the Baltimore offense.. Good luck!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Lamar is in total control of the game at all times and he has proven this year on many occasions that he is capable of overcoming adversity.. The Ravens played two tough games against Seattle and San Francisco where he needed to take over the game and make a play and he did  just that. This team played one of the toughest schedules in the league this season and faced some tremendous defenses and came out on top virtually every time.

I don't expect Titans fans to understand any of this because they just don't follow the Ravens closely enough but I must say that Lamar is the real deal folks.. Anything is possible in the playoffs and sure there is a possibility that the Titans pull the upset but I just don't think they will be able to keep up with the Baltimore offense.. Good luck!

Outside looking in, I can tell he has become a better passer. He seems more confident. 
Is there a faith in him dropping back say 5 times in a row? 

Lamar makes that offense. He has proven to be better than last year and better than what some think.

I don't personally think he can keep it up more than say 3 more seasons. But it should be a good ride until then. We see how running backs get worn out, and he has as many carries as some RBs. 

The only thing in our favor I think is that we would love to play in a smash mouth game. The games where people want to pass on us, that is where we get in trouble. But we haven't just been ran on this year. So that is the only thing that gives me some confidence against the Ravens offense. But we've allowed long runs, so that is the scary part. 
We are well coached on defense with Vrabel and old Raven's friend Pees.  So if they can do their job with the option, they could minimize the explosive plays from guys other than Lamar. 

27 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Oh, I've seen enough to know Lamar and the Ravens as a team are the truth. I'm all in on Lamar, and honestly hate we have to play him. Not just because of his crazy talent but because if we were to win, all the talking points/hot takes that'll follow.

You guys have had plenty of tough, close games vs tough opponents. However, how many games did you find yourself down by two scores late in games(I'm legitimate curious because I don't know). All I'm wondering(and I'll preference this by saying I personally highly doubt this happens) is if he and the team find themselves down 14 points early on or down 10 in the 4th, how will they respond. The stress and anxiety starts to kick in when you're the favorite, at home and you're in a close one or trailing against a team you're heavily favored to beat.

I know he's done it in the regular season but again, the playoffs are an entirely different atmosphere/feeling, especially for a young QB only making his 2 career playoff start. 

I respect the Ravens but I don’t fear them

I think they can be beat but not putting my money on the Titans to do it 

It would be huge for the Titans to jump out to a 10-14 point lead early but even that won’t burry the Ravens 

I just really hope it’s close 

Titans havnt been blown out all year so I’m hoping we keep it a game Saturday 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I respect the Ravens but I don’t fear them

I think they can be beat but not putting my money on the Titans to do it 

It would be huge for the Titans to jump out to a 10-14 point lead early but even that won’t burry the Ravens 

I just really hope it’s close 

Titans havnt been blown out all year so I’m hoping we keep it a game Saturday 

How dare you think that? Don’t you know they’re the greatest team of all-time and the Titans shouldn’t even bother showing up?

49 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

I’ve watched a lot of Lamar , he won me two fantasy leagues and a lot of money. He’s the real deal, literally looks like a video game . That being said I wouldn’t be surprised if Titans pulled the upset or they come very close . Here’s why 

Titans have loads of trouble stopping wrs and the pass game , the Ravens don’t throw it too there wrs that much , more so to the tight ends . The Titans just happen to have the best cover backer in the league on there team who will be on Andrews . (Brown will be playing )  Titans have about the same ranked run d as the bills who did fine against you guys . 

Ravens blitz ALOT , Tanehill has been the best qb in the league against the blitz . 

Henry - sometimes players get hot at the tight time , Henry is the hottest player in the game right now (Lamar has been all season ) 

Titans are one of if not the best team in the nfl statistically against running qbs . Lamar is a different animal but Allen and Watson are pretty legit . 

All this being said Tanehill needs play a lot better if we want to win , and I think he’s capable of doing so. It won’t be easy but I’m confident vrabel will have this team ready to play . 

Again Ravens are amazing , but the amount of fans calling for a 35-7 game or a blowout obviously haven’t watched the Titans play and just go off of stats .  I’ve been hearing “you guys are trash you went 9-7”. Do they not know our walking trash can Mariota was QB and failed to score 20 points 4 out of the 6 games and going 2-4 ?

Then I see “Henry isn’t as good as he’s been playing , he averages 100 a week. “  Again , with Mariota he averaged 66 yards a week , when we made the switch he averaged  over 120

”Tanehill is god awful , 8-15 with 76 yards and a pic lol. Garbage “  So his 8-3 record and mvp like season is just to be forgotten? 

“Titans failed to score more then 14 vs a pats defense we lit up”. We game planned to run the ball , we didn’t need to change it up because they couldn’t stop it .  

These are just some of the comments I’ve been seeing . I will say I appreciate your response it was honest and you didn’t come across as arrogant . Good luck this weekend although I don’t mean it . 

• Like 2