GDT: Still kind of America’s Team at Ravens

titans0021

22 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

It is playoff football so everyone has a chance!! With that being said I feel that most of us Ravens fans are just incredibly confident in what we have seen from this team throughout the season.. We have played a very tough schedule and have gotten so much better as the year has gone on. Good luck to yall!

Ravens fans have every right to be confident they have a heck of a team going to be tough to go there and win for the Titans. However, let's please check this statement. When your division includes the Bengals, Browns and the no offense Steelers for a total of six games sorry that does not constitute a tough schedule. You guys literally play in the worst division in the AFC. That to me better be six wins for a good team let alone a team like you have in Baltimore.

Not expecting a Titans win but certainly not impossible. Sure would love to see the Titans pull off the upset. It all comes down to slowing down Lamar Jackson. Not easy mind you but he can be slowed down as I am sorry he is not MVP because of his passing.

We shall see.

Edited by Titan89

I know this game was before Marcus Peters who has helped their defense.

But it also a game to provide optimism for the Titans this weekend.  Steelers offense is less than great and was able to make some plays. I would also think if they send the blitzes like that against us, it will leave them open to a potential AJ Brown big play.

They also did a good job getting to Jackson. Making him pass the ball.

I think the Ravens have adjusted offensively. Look like they were passing more early than i would imagine. 

1 minute ago, Titan89 said:

Ravens fans have every right to be confident they have a heck of a team going to be tough to go there and win for the Titans. However, let's please check this statement. When your division includes the Bengals, Browns and no offense Steelers for a total of six games sorry that does not constitute a tough schedule. That to me better be six wins for a good team let alone a team like you have in Baltimore.

Not expecting a Titans win but certainly not impossible. Sure would love to see the Titans pull off the upset. It all comes down to slowing down Lamar Jackson. Not easy mind you but he can be slowed down as I am sorry he is not MVP because of his passing.

We shall see.

I think their tough games would include: Bills, Texans, Patriots, Niners, Chiefs and Seahawks. 

You can provide an argument on how good the Bills, Texans and Patriots are if you want to try to win a debate for a soft schedule, but nonetheless that's 6 playoff teams. 
You follow that up with games against the  Dolphins, Jets, Browns x2 (loss one). Steelers x2 (OT in one game), Bengals x2.  That is 6 wins right there and then a win against an average Rams team for 7 total wins.

Lost to the Chiefs.
Close wins against the Bills and Niners.
Patriots game was closer than the score indicated.
Blew out the Texans and Seahawks.
5-1 against playoff teams, 3 close victories.

Two losses to Browns and Chiefs (who we beat). 

It isn't college so style doesn't matter, but all that to say that we aren't talking about the 85' Bears or even the 99 Ravens. A good team that has had some explosive games against majority  Bad to below average teams (which you are supposed to do.) 
Two wins by a great margin against the Texans (who none of us think that highly of), then a close win against a Bills team most of us feel were fools gold with a good defense and Seahawks team. 

So when it all comes down to it, from a Titans fan like me perspective, you can say Ravens have one impressive win against the Seahawks. And 2 quality wins against the Patriots and Niners. 

That is why I'm optimistic and hopeful for a good game. I think we are a team of the quality of a Niners, Seahawks and Patriots. So I expect a closer game than some think. If we can avoid the game costing turnovers that cost the Patriots, produce more offense than the Bills and play a close game like the Niners, "WHY NOT US?"

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think their tough games would include: Bills, Texans, Patriots, Niners, Chiefs and Seahawks. 

You can provide an argument on how good the Bills, Texans and Patriots are if you want to try to win a debate for a soft schedule, but nonetheless that's 6 playoff teams. 
You follow that up with games against the  Dolphins, Jets, Browns x2 (loss one). Steelers x2 (OT in one game), Bengals x2.  That is 6 wins right there and then a win against an average Rams team for 7 total wins.

Lost to the Chiefs.
Close wins against the Bills and Niners.
Patriots game was closer than the score indicated.
Blew out the Texans and Seahawks.
5-1 against playoff teams, 3 close victories.

Two losses to Browns and Chiefs (who we beat). 

It isn't college so style doesn't matter, but all that to say that we aren't talking about the 85' Bears or even the 99 Ravens. A good team that has had some explosive games against majority  Bad to below average teams (which you are supposed to do.) 
Two wins by a great margin against the Texans (who none of us think that highly of), then a close win against a Bills team most of us feel were fools gold with a good defense and Seahawks team. 

So when it all comes down to it, from a Titans fan like me perspective, you can say Ravens have one impressive win against the Seahawks. And 2 quality wins against the Patriots and Niners. 

That is why I'm optimistic and hopeful for a good game. I think we are a team of the quality of a Niners, Seahawks and Patriots. So I expect a closer game than some think. If we can avoid the game costing turnovers that cost the Patriots, produce more offense than the Bills and play a close game like the Niners, "WHY NOT US?"

Lol!!!  That was the most ridiculous attempt I have ever seen of someone trying to diminish the accomplishments of another team.. I don't even know where to start, I love how you downplayed the Rams game like it was insignificant.. Coming into that the game the Rams were playing quite well especially on defense, they came into that game 3rd against the run and left 15th after we hung 250+ on them.. The Patriots game really wasn't even close at all, we were on a fast track to annihilating them until a muffed punt changed the momentum.. We held them off and then pulled away rather easily.. I also love how you say the Texans ( who none of us think highly of) except that they beat you at your barn with the division on the line. Also the Bills are a very good team with a very good defense (better than yours) to call them fools gold is ridiculous.. Also I am sorry but your team is not on par with Baltimore or San Francisco from a talent stand point.. Seahawks are beat to hell and New England had an inept offense, the Ravens and 49ers are exceptional on both sides of the ball. You will see the talent disparity this Saturday!

The Ravens have nothing to prove at all in regards to the regular season

11 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Lol!!!  That was the most ridiculous attempt I have ever seen of someone trying to diminish the accomplishments of another team.. I don't even know where to start, I love how you downplayed the Rams game like it was insignificant.. Coming into that the game the Rams were playing quite well especially on defense, they came into that game 3rd against the run and left 15th after we hung 250+ on them.. The Patriots game really wasn't even close at all, we were on a fast track to annihilating them until a muffed punt changed the momentum.. We held them off and then pulled away rather easily.. I also love how you say the Texans ( who none of us think highly of) except that they beat you at your barn with the division on the line. Also the Bills are a very good team with a very good defense (better than yours) to call them fools gold is ridiculous.. Also I am sorry but your team is not on par with Baltimore or San Francisco from a talent stand point.. Seahawks are beat to hell and New England had an inept offense, the Ravens and 49ers are exceptional on both sides of the ball. You will see the talent disparity this Saturday!

The Ravens have nothing to prove at all in regards to the regular season

First of all don't come in here  looking for some post slanted towards the Ravens. 

You had been posting what I'd like to say even keel responses from a fans point of view. 

I didn't downplay the game. I said they were an average team which they in the end proved to be. 

Patriots game the fumble by Eldeman made a difference in the score.

Never said they had anything to prove or they wasn't even a good team. 

Really just want to say f you to the rest of the post but eh. 

But the rest of your post isn't worth responding to and from here on out neither will you. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

First of all don't come in here  looking for some post slanted towards the Ravens. 

You had been posting what I'd like to say even keel responses from a fans point of view. 

I didn't downplay the game. I said they were an average team which they in the end proved to be. 

Patriots game the fumble by Eldeman made a difference in the score.

But the rest of your post isn't worth responding to and from here on out neither will you. 

Not looking for anything in particular just some good old football talk and I have every right to call out a BS narrative when I see one.. Have a nice day :D

8 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Not looking for anything in particular just some good old football talk and I have every right to call out a BS narrative when I see one.. Have a nice day :D

Was gonna let that be but I'll be good.

The purpose of the post wasn't to diminish the team to call them trash, bad or even not good. Cause as you saw, I did none of that.  
Didn't even say we were a more talented team than any listed.

It was a post designed to take the team off the GODLY status that some put them on, and apparently that you feel they are on as well. 

Team had some close victories against playoff teams, which the Titans are one of.  
Team lost to a Chiefs team that we happen to beat. Some would call them very talented, yet we found a way to beat them. Hence, why I would say this Titans team could hang with or maybe even beat ANY team. 

I've seen the words that "we don't know because we haven't seen" when talking about the Ravens and apparently you do not know either.  To say that we don't think highly of a team, doesn't ignore the fact that we lost. So maybe we should say the Browns are a better team than the Ravens because they beat them by an decent margin. 

I do not represent all fans, also why I said from "This Titans fan perspective" in my post. You don't know me, I don't know you. You obviously do not know much about the Titans if you are calling the Bills an overall better team than us. 

You make it seem like we are lucky to even be in the NFL. You make it seem like Baltimore has Hall of Famers at every position, while we are lucky to have anyone on the team that anyone could name. 
You make it seem like the margin between the Titans and Ravens is as wide as the Grand Canyon and I believe totally that is incorrect.  
So i guess the Titans should thank the Ravens for the great opportunity to be allowed to play against such a team. Maybe they just shouldn't show up at all.

As I said before, no reason to come here to think you'll find a post that just glorifies the Ravens and paints them in the greatest of light. You may disagree with the post but it has validity in the fact that the Ravens played in a weaker than normal AFC North and played a weaker than normal AFC East and did not win all those games. 

Browns and Bengals were bad teams. You lost to one and didn't blow out the other (like your ultra talented team should have). 
That alone gives validity to my post's intention of saying the Ravens aren't unbeatable. 

Or as you put it, have a great of a "talent disparity" as some think.

The end......carry on

• Like 2

I’m seeing 80 percent chance of rain Saturday night on Baltimore weather outlets . This would be incredibly huge if this was steady rain, It wouldn’t slow down Lamar completely but he wouldn’t be able to stop on a dime . You would think Henry and our run game would have the advantage right?