GDT: Still kind of America’s Team at Ravens

titans0021

17 minutes ago, tgrades3 said:

Last time we played didn’t Mariota get sacked 10 times lol. Hopefully it’s different this time around & we can contain Lamar 

We didn't contain him when he came in last year. He flew right around the left edge like he was shot out a cannon for like 15 yards.  It is gonna be so hard to keep him from running on us. 

We have to treat him like a RB that can throw. I would play him to run first. Make him beat us consistently through the air. 

But hopefully we are a better unit than the one that gave up 11 sacks. I think we are combined with better decision making from Tanny and Henry. Dion Lewis was still the "main" back at that time, Henry hadn't had his light switch moment yet. 

We have to set up the run early. The Ravens are going to try to stop it really hard. If we prove we can run into them even when they know it's coming, it's going to open up the middle of the field big time. We can't just sit on the run like we did vs the Pats, though. We absolutely have to get our playmakers the ball. If Smith comes out with a good gameplan we can take it to the Ravens like they haven't had it taken to them all year.

the interesting thing is that the pats actually committed hard against the play-action pass out of the gate. it's why we were able to absolutely shred them running the ball in the first half (and also why the passing game never really got going). and to an extent, it worked: despite henry going off, we only scored 14 points offensively. makes me wonder whether the ravens will try the same thing. tannehill's really gonna need to be better.

4 hours ago, tgrades3 said:

Last time we played didn’t Mariota get sacked 10 times lol. Hopefully it’s different this time around & we can contain Lamar 

That was arguably the worst game he ever played. Mariota was responsible for at least half those sacks. 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Just got tickets for 150 a piece for the lower bowl. I’ll be in ratbird land this weekend.

From what I’ve heard the Raven fans are selling there tickets like hot cakes because they think it’s going to be a blowout and because it might rain. You might see a decent amount of Titan fans . Buckle up man , game is going to get gritty. I don’t see a blow out , I really don’t . Vrabel is going to have this team ready. 

Our offense is most similar to the Rams and the Patriots shut them down last year, so only scoring 14 makes sense.

However, the Ravens played the Rams this year and shut them down also, so not a good sign.

Players aren't the same, and they have a depleted OL, but they will have already prepared for a similar offense that they had a ton of success against.

The 49ers would have some similarities to us and the Ravens held them to 17. Hopefully we can look to those games this season and find out what they're going to try to do to stop us and expose it.

Our best shot is to take advantage early, take advantage of the rust... Start hot like we did against the Saints. But unlike the Saints game, we have Henry back. We grind them out and hope Jackson is neutralized somewhat in the rain. 

I want to say Jayon, Vaccaro, and Byard need to take turns spying him... They have the best shot of keeping up with him... But then it gets deadly with the deep pass, we may need Byard to roam CF. 

This would be the perfect game for Casey and Simmons to bust out. 

Regardless, this is a game in taking the over, as both teams will approach 30 points. 

8 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

But then it gets deadly with the deep pass, we may need Byard to roam CF. 

Yeah, between Andrews at TE and Brown over the top, Byard is just too valuable to spy. Would guess it’s Vacarro, but also think Long or Hooker could get some use.

If we want to have a shot, Simmons and Casey need big games. Edge rushers are neutralized by Lamar, interior pressure is probably the only thing that can slow the Ravens down.

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, between Andrews at TE and Brown over the top, Byard is just too valuable to spy. Would guess it’s Vacarro, but also think Long or Hooker could get some use.

If we want to have a shot, Simmons and Casey need big games. Edge rushers are neutralized by Lamar, interior pressure is probably the only thing that can slow the Ravens down.

I think we play a lot of 3 safety’s this game & we play a lot of cover 2 bump N run. On offense the OL must communicate I got a feeling they’re going to come with stunts & zone blitzes. I really hope Humphries come back for this game