Divisional Round: VIKINGS (11-6) at 49ers (13-3)

swede700

2 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

This scared me against New Orleans since they had 8 total turnovers on the year (that includes Bridgewater's games), 6 INTs and 2 fumbles lost (on 8 total fumbles). While the Kirk had 6 INTs on the season and had lost 12 fumbles lost (on 30 total fumbles). 

I think that 12 lost fumbles also include fumbles made by WRs, RBs right? iirc Cousins has only 3 lost fumbles this season (on total 10 fumbles)

In almost every Niners match I have seen, Jimmy G always has atleast 1 or 2 absolute brainfart throws...just gotta hope we take advantage of those and turn them into Turnovers. I am also less optimistic about this game than the Saints matchup mainly due to Niners pass rush. 

18 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

San Francisco is getting healthy again. That's not good for us!

As a Packers fan I am hoping for and fairly confident in a Packers win against Seattle.

if this happens, I want no part of the Vikings in a third game. Yes, we completely dominated you in week 16, but you were down both of your great and good RBs plus Thielen was maybe only at 70%. 

My hope is for a knock down drawn out blood fest of a Mn- SF game with the 49ers winning.

I want the Packers to have the chance to avenge the beating they received at the hand of them.

But, I will also accept playing the Vikes for a third time as the Packers match up well with your team.

If Baltimore makes the SB, they probably roll any NFC team that makes it.

so, on a side note, for Packers fans, it would be nice to witnissing the Vikes 5th SB loss...😬😳👀

Edited by 66PinG

Zimmer, on the short week: “It’s similar to playing a Monday night game and then you have to get ready for a Sunday game. Obviously, we’re going out to the West Coast, so that’ll be a little bit different, but, hey, it’s playoff time. It’s big boy football now. A lot of the guys that are here were here before, and so I feel like they’re a veteran team, they understand. We actually had a couple of guys saying, ‘Hey, calm down’ in the locker room. We got to get ready to go play again. So I’m hopeful that it’s like that.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/06/mike-zimmer-isnt-complaining-about-short-week-trip-to-california/

• Like 3

Ticket prices for Saturday’s Divisional Round matchup between the 49ers and Vikings are soaring as the average purchase price for a ticket has surpassed $400, according to TickPick, a no-fee secondary marketplace.

https://www.twincities.com/2020/01/06/ticket-prices-for-49ers-vikings-the-most-expensive-in-nfl-get-in-cost-rises-above-200/

4 hours ago, 66PinG said:

As a Packers fan...

Should be some good games this weekend!  The Packers and Seahawks had some real classic battles in the past decade.

I think it’s great that there could be two NFCN teams playing on January 19, or two NFCW teams I guess.  Obviously I think the North rules. 

Four of our six Viking losses came against teams that we could potentially still play this year.  But we would have to get past San Fran first, so it’s all uphill for us.

Edited by since72

I think the Vikes win in SF. I think they match up very well.

I also think the Packers match up very well against the Vikings.

make no mistake, as a Packers fan, I hate the Vikings. But, I would still rather see them in the SB rather than the Bears, Cowboys, 49ers and Seahawks. I love the North, outside of the Bears.

Vikings fans will hate me for this, but, I view the Vikings as a team that my Packers play twice a year, nothing more.

The Bears and lions are the real rivals, especially the Bears.

i would like it better if the Vikings were part of the west with the rest of the "come-latelies"

please put the Cardinals in the North.

sorry for that, just my feeling.

1 hour ago, 66PinG said:

Vikings fans will hate me for this, but, I view the Vikings as a team that my Packers play twice a year, nothing more.

sorry for that, just my feeling.

I think most understand that, even if it doesn't make any real sense, considering the Vikings have been more competitive over the past 50 years than the Bears or Lions have been.  But that's fine.  The Bears are in far closer proximity to Green Bay (and of course, have been around longer) which may matter somewhat as well.  

As far as the Cardinals go, if they were still in St. Louis or Chicago, sure...but not since they're in Phoenix.  At least they aren't in the NFC East anymore.  :D