Divisional Round: VIKINGS (11-6) at 49ers (13-3)

swede700

9 minutes ago, whitehops said:

given that he got a cut on his ankle and said he got tangled up, i'm guessing he got a cleat to the ankle? 

pretty painful and definitely not ideal to happen a few days before a big game. my money would be on him being less than 100% on saturday.

This team is cursed. He’s finally healthy and playing well again too.

37 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

He'll take an injection before the game and be good to go.

Exactly, they'll give Thielen something for pain management and he'll move like he is 100%.

Same for Diggs, I'm sure. Whatever cold/flu bug he has will/is being aggressively treated with more than just rest-cure.

Edited by sinceAtikevike

Deja vu all over again.  I just realized that we were the lowest WC seed in 1987 and beat the Saints in NO, then went to play San Fran at Candlestick Park.  Anthony Carter had 227 receiving yards.  (but no TDs?)  Hoping for the same outcome.  Unfortunately we’re not able to play Washington for the NFC championship this year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, since72 said:

Deja vu all over again.  I just realized that we were the lowest WC seed in 1987 and beat the Saints in NO, then went to play San Fran at Candlestick Park.  Anthony Carter had 227 receiving yards.  (but no TDs?)  Hoping for the same outcome.  Unfortunately we’re not able to play Washington for the NFC championship this year.

That's probably fortunate that they wouldn't be able to play Washington.  But, it should be noted that, if Seattle beats Green Bay, Pete Carroll was on that Vikings staff in that NFC Championship Game.  

Edited by swede700

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think that they should have some designed plays for hollins and use his speed other than chucking it deep to him. Maybe an end around or jet sweep with him would catch them off guard

Not a bad idea. I’m tired of seeing Diggs on those end arounds. Seems like the most pointless play they regularly run. Especially when he tries to be a passer. I don’t mind taking a deep shot per game with Hollins. he’s got some speed, just needs to get his hands in a better spot.