Divisional Round: VIKINGS (11-6) at 49ers (13-3)

swede700

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Wait Kearse is injured now? Did he get injured last game causing Sendejo to play? 

pretty sure sendejo was intended to play slot last game, so maybe kearse got injured on special teams?

we're so incredibly thin in the secondary now. we essentially have no backup safeties since sendejo is nickel corner and our only depth at nickel is sherels. if anything happens to either smith or harris, sendejo will switch to safety and then sherels will cover the slot. at least we have holton hill and kris boyd as backups on the outside i guess... 

the niners are in 12, 21 or 22 personnel almost 60% of the game anyways so hopefully it doesn't affect the game plan too much.

Edited by whitehops

17 hours ago, since72 said:

Deja vu all over again.  I just realized that we were the lowest WC seed in 1987 and beat the Saints in NO, then went to play San Fran at Candlestick Park.  Anthony Carter had 227 receiving yards.  (but no TDs?)  Hoping for the same outcome.  Unfortunately we’re not able to play Washington for the NFC championship this year.

Could be Washington the state this time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Given your preferred personnel formation, my guess is certainly that he will be on the field a lot. There's some different thought in terms of how best to utilize him against you. Personally, I think you keep him on the field for base personnel downs, take him off for nickel when there are only 2 linebackers, which is an odd thought given the strength of Kwon's game is coverage, but I'd like to keep our three good linebackers on the field as much as possible without having to bring in Al Shaair. We will definitely drop off some in coverage, but I'd rather take the drop off from Kwon to Greenlaw in Nickel than pull Kwon out on base downs and have to rely on Al Shaair. I'm about keeping the best players on the field as much as possible. 

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how many Vikings fans will be at the game. We always travel well, but brother is down there for work and he said it’s nuts the amount of purple running around. Said he hasn’t seen anything like that for a football game. 

Wouldn’t mind hearing a couple SKOL chants on live TV tomorrow!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Will be interesting to see how many Vikings fans will be at the game. We always travel well, but brother is down there for work and he said it’s nuts the amount of purple running around. Said he hasn’t seen anything like that for a football game. 

Wouldn’t mind hearing a couple SKOL chants on live TV tomorrow!

Would love a lot of purple there, just like LA!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

It would be impressive if the Vikings can pull this off

I don’t have my hopes up but I feel better about it than I did last week against the Saints. I fear a huge letdown game, seems we rarely follow up huge wins with another.

Edited by vikingsrule