Jay Glazer: new hc is mccarthy

Texas_OutLaw7

Just now, CAPJ said:

I just dont see why McCarthy?

His defense has typically been poor, hasnt shown the willingness to run the ball and refuses to make adjustments.

This is like a slightly better version of the 2011 Jason Garret.

He ran when he (rarely) had backs. Do you remember the backs on those packers teams? Exactly.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/16/mike-mccarthy-coaching-nfl-fmia-week-15-peter-king/

There’s a flow chart for his proposed 14-person Football Technology Department, including a six-person video unit and an eight-person analytics team. The Chief of Football Technology tops the department, which will run both video and analytics. The top analytics lieutenants will be a Coordinator of Database Management, Coordinator of Football Analytics and Coordinator of Mathematical Innovation. Below them: Football Technology Engineer and two Football Technology Analysts. And finally, a Football Technology Intern. McCarthy spent a day last summer at Pro Football Focus offices in Cincinnati, discovering how much more data is available than he realized. PFF data will be a key component of his analytics tree, as will GPS tracking of players and Next Gen Stats”

this is the one thing that intrigues me. I want to see how McCarthy evolves with the addition of an analytics department.

He isn’t a sexy hire but a solid hire. I’m more interested on what he does with his staff. In particular the Defense side of the ball

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ace5 said:
6 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I just dont see why McCarthy?

His defense has typically been poor, hasnt shown the willingness to run the ball and refuses to make adjustments.

This is like a slightly better version of the 2011 Jason Garret.

He ran when he (rarely) had backs. Do you remember the backs on those packers teams? Exactly.

Aaron Jones was having a great year last year with Mike, when he was healthy. Lacy had some good years with us. If he has a RB, he will run.

I think this is a great hire for you guys, and most Packers fans will agree