Jay Glazer: new hc is mccarthy

Texas_OutLaw7

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

If true, both are 3-4 scheme guys right?

He has experience in both 3-4 and 4-3 systems 

but will be interesting to see who else he brings in and if we make a switch again. Probably wouldn’t be a real hard change with so many Defensive players FA’s 

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

He has experience in both 3-4 and 4-3 systems 

but will be interesting to see who else he brings in and if we make a switch again. Probably wouldn’t be a real hard change with so many Defensive players FA’s 

We dont have the D- Line or LBs for 3-4 system 

• Like 1

Don't hate it, don't love it.  It feels "safe" to a degree but also shows we are in win now mode.  I imagine Jerry did not want the risk of a college HC needing 2-3 years of learning curve before really getting it going. I think like many of us I wanted us to just swing for the fences and see what happens but this is probably the smartest higher.  Should be great for Dak.  I have to imagine part of the next HC is going to be required to retain certain guys, specifically KM.  I would imagine play calling remains with KM with heavy HC input/override. Our offense will be good to go.

Biggest things to watch are who comes in as DC and what happens with ST.  Anyone have any information on MM's ST units when he was in Green Bay?  Also I hope the talks of analytics are true but I also can't see Jerry getting on-board with all of that wizardry at this point in his life. 

Just now, eagles suck said:

Watch our offense go from 1st to 15th in the league 

This is NOT going to happen.  McCarthy has been given such a bad reputation because of Rodgers it’s not even funny.  Standby and I will give y’all my assessment.  It’s a good hire.  Also, what if I told you that Rodgers played better last year than he did this year and that the Packers scored the exact same amount of points this year as last?  

10 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

We dont have the D- Line or LBs for 3-4 system 

I mean, your interior Dline already sucks and needs to be replaced anyways.  I disagree with the linebackers, Lawrence, LVE, Jaylon Smith and Robert Quinn is a solid 3-4 core. 

51 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

So many people that could have at least been interviewed. (sigh)

Jerry is clearly not a patient man. He wants to win now. Which we have the roster for, but damn. 

I mentioned the win now mindset re McCarthy on another post.  Would have liked to have seen more interviews.  Maybe a year away has humbled McCarthy a bit.  Don't hate the hire but don't love it either.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Good.    Don't want another heir apparent coach on the staff that hasn't earned anything.

A bit unfair I think. I'm curious to see what or who he is. Hate to approach it as an "experiment", but one year isn't enough to make a determination one way or the other IMO.