Jay Glazer: new hc is mccarthy

Texas_OutLaw7

Nolan has had some really good defenses and some really bad ones. His stay in Atlanta was quite forgettable.  

Atlanta 2012-2014

ppg: 6th \ 27th \ 26th
Total D: 24th \ 27th \ 32nd
Takeaways: 6th \ 25th \ 8th

Miami 2010-2011

ppg; 13th \ 6th 
Total D: 10th \ 15th 
Takeaways: 29th \ 27th

Denver 2009

ppg: 12th
Total D: 2nd
Takeaways: 9th

Baltimore 2003-2004

ppg: 2nd \ 5th
Total D: 3rd \ 6th
Takeaways: 2nd \ 5th  

That's a pretty mediocre resume tbh. I think i could have coached the Baltimore defense and been successful.

I guess I'm hoping Dallas looks elsewhere, but it appears this is a done deal too. 

EDIT:

Edited by WizardHawk

I have reservations about keeping Kellen Moore

If we play great next year, someone will be coming and will poach him away for a HC spot, then we need a new OC....

If Jerry ponies up and keeps him, then it becomes another Garrett/Phillips situation where McCarthy will constantly be looking over his shoulder because Moore will be "unofficially" the "Next Guy"

Then we end up with Jerry's next "Boy Wonder" who he'll refuse to ever fire because he's "Family"... (maybe he'll be dead by then though...)

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Hodgepodge of rumors. Robinson, Lombardi and Mortenson all reported different variations of the same idea. Which was Jerry liked our offensive staff and if our next HC liked them also, it would be a positive. 

I think Lombardi said it would be mandatory, the other 2 just said it would play a factor. 

• Robinson said Kellen Moore, Marc Colombo, Jon Kitna, and Gary Brown, did not mention Lal.
  • I haven't seen a report from Mort that talks about assistant coaches, perhaps I missed it, but can't find anything online.
  • Lombardi did say the "WR coach will already be in place".

I cannot find anyone reporting that Jerry said it would be "positive" for his new coach to keep Lal.

I don't think there is strong evidence either way about Jerry's feelings about keeping Lal around. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

4 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Appears KR isn't out of the picture yet, which I find somewhat surprising tbh.

I hope hes gone soon. Maybe the most overrated member of the old staff. Stuck in his ways and inflexible on game day. No idea how he keeps getting interviewed for head coaching spots 

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
  • Robinson said Kellen Moore, Marc Colombo, Jon Kitna, and Gary Brown, did not mention Lal.
  • I haven't seen a report from Mort that talks about assistant coaches, perhaps I missed it, but can't find anything online.
  • Lombardi did say the "WR coach will already be in place".

I cannot find anyone reporting that Jerry said it would be "positive" for his new coach to keep Lal.

I don't think there is strong evidence either way about Jerry's feelings about keeping Lal around. 

Our Receivers have been great under Sanjay Lal

I see no reason to keep Columbo or Gary Brown. Both units have regressed over the past couple of seasons

Kitna should be kept, absolutely

Just now, canadaluvsdallas said:

He's a great positional coach though.

Insisted on playing chido and Anthony brown over jourdan Lewis because they're taller when Lewis repeatedly showed that hes better in every way. No thanks. 

Mike Nolan is officially DC according to bleacher report.

Just now, TheGame316 said:

Our Receivers have been great under Sanjay Lal

I see no reason to keep Columbo or Gary Brown. Both units have regressed over the past couple of seasons

Kitna should be kept, absolutely

I wasn't arguing about who should or should not be kept. Only questioning the rumor that Jerry was pushing to keep Lal around.

I will say this for Marc Colombo, though. He's only been the OL coach for a little over a season. In 2018, we were 26th in fewest sacks allowed. In 2019, we were 2nd.

• Like 1

What a joke. McCarthy is still living in 2011. He has been using the same scheme since 2006 with ZERO modifications. Zero. Has nothing to do with his play calling... DCs around the league know his exact playbook in and out. This is why Rodgers was so frustrated the past couple years. Great offensive minds modify their offense every single year. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

What a joke. McCarthy is still living in 2011. He has been using the same scheme since 2006 with ZERO modifications. Zero. Has nothing to do with his play calling... DCs around the league know his exact playbook in and out. This is why Rodgers was so frustrated the past couple years. Great offensive minds modify their offense every single year. 

You know who is about to have ZERO football teams? Oakland.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You know who is about to have ZERO football teams? Oakland.

Don’t know why you are trying to take an emotional shot at me...? I wanted you guys to find a good HC. 

And I’m glad the Raiders are leaving Oakland. Oakland is a dump. Plus we are gonna get a Top 3 Stadium.