Jay Glazer: new hc is mccarthy

Texas_OutLaw7

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t know why you are trying to take an emotional shot at me...? I wanted you guys to find a good HC. 

And I’m glad the Raiders are leaving Oakland. Oakland is a dump. Plus we are gonna get a Top 3 Stadium. 

Just joking around man. Obviously as soon as the McCarthy news broke I thought, "I can't wait to hear from the Raiders fans on this hiring!" 

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What a joke. McCarthy is still living in 2011. He has been using the same scheme since 2006 with ZERO modifications. Zero. Has nothing to do with his play calling... DCs around the league know his exact playbook in and out. This is why Rodgers was so frustrated the past couple years. Great offensive minds modify their offense every single year. 

Then why were 3 football clubs highly interested in hiring him

When Harbaugh was fired after a season of backchannel whispers and leaks, some observers wondered if Tomsula was a snitch. I highly doubt it. He is too respectful of everyone around him in life, including reporters he refers to as “sir.” When he was told Tuesday that Vikings coach Mike Zimmer admired the 49ers’ physicality and wants his team to emulate that style, Tomsula was overcome by the bouquet.

https://www.sfexaminer.com/featured-sports/maybe-hes-tom-fooling-us/

Overall very uninspiring hire. I can see the reasoning behind it once we grow up a little and look past the whole JJ control garbage.

Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer would have been the exciting hire for me, personally. I felt this team needed a strong personality & leadership from the HC to steer our immense talent into the right direction.

But maybe what we actually need is a proven NFL HC with a lot of playoff experience.

Time will tell, this is not a hire that gets me pumped for next season but a fresh hire will earn a watch from me for cowboys games regardless as we were open minded enough to switch coaching regimes.

There is not a single soul that can tell you definitely how this hire will end up as there are many many variables in play here that we don't have the knowledge of. For example, Has MM actually evolved his concepts in his year off? Will MM's coaching help or hinder Dak? Will they get along? Is Mike Nolan really the guy for our defense?

None of these questions can be answered by any fan, team official or player at this point. We will have all the answers as always during the next season.

So I urge everyone in the cowboys forum to focus their interests on the upcoming FA & Draft, as it is the only variable for next year we have any idea about how things will end up for us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

When Harbaugh was fired after a season of backchannel whispers and leaks, some observers wondered if Tomsula was a snitch. I highly doubt it. He is too respectful of everyone around him in life, including reporters he refers to as “sir.” When he was told Tuesday that Vikings coach Mike Zimmer admired the 49ers’ physicality and wants his team to emulate that style, Tomsula was overcome by the bouquet.

https://www.sfexaminer.com/featured-sports/maybe-hes-tom-fooling-us/

:shrug: 

Don't recall any of that tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

LOL, I don't think this is the counterpoint you expected it to be.

"Teams only wanted him because he won football games, and he won them over a long period of time"

Most of his success came from 2007-2012. After that he got much worse as a coach every year and made zero modifications to his playbook. He's had two of the best QBs of all time (something he won't have in Dallas even though I like Dak).