Jay Glazer: new hc is mccarthy

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2020/1/7/21054179/can-mike-mccarthy-bring-the-no-huddle-to-the-cowboys-and-take-dak-prescotts-career-to-the-next-level

Confirmed: Dak better than Arod, Favre and Gannon. Maybe even better than all 3 combined. Not sure, the tweet doesnt specify. 

Even though clearly sarcasm I'm sure some here will let you know their thoughts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Not real sure it would have mattered who was hired. I think Coop would have been re-signed regardless. 

I think we want Coop back but if we end up tagging Dak it may be a bit difficult to resign Coop.

If Coop is asking upwards of $20-$22 million, would we be best to resign Cobb and draft someone like Jefferson in the 2nd round? Gallup/Cobb/Jefferson can be a nice combo. 

McCarthy has had success with his receiving corps in the past and his ability to scheme getting his receivers open.

I am all for keeping Coop, but there is a price I wouldnt be willing to pay him over $19 million a year.

11 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I think we want Coop back but if we end up tagging Dak it may be a bit difficult to resign Coop.

If Coop is asking upwards of $20-$22 million, would we be best to resign Cobb and draft someone like Jefferson in the 2nd round? Gallup/Cobb/Jefferson can be a nice combo. 

McCarthy has had success with his receiving corps in the past and his ability to scheme getting his receivers open.

I am all for keeping Coop, but there is a price I wouldnt be willing to pay him over $19 million a year.

We can transition tag Cooper in addition to franchising Dak.

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We can transition tag Cooper in addition to franchising Dak.

Sure we could, but if you have the ability to have Gallup, resign Cobb and draft a receiver and a very loaded receiver class, would you rather put the tag on Byron or Coop?

Not saying a rookie receiver would replace Coop, but Cobb had a very quiet 800 yards last year and knows the offense. The free agent receiver class isnt too shabby either.

It may be easier replacing most of Coops production than it would be Byron's, especially seeing how poor Lewis and Cheeto played this year.

I would love to keep all 3, but if we have to keep an eye on our spend, it might make more sense to keep Jones.

13 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I think the odds are slim to none, but Dallas has a lot of FAs this year. 22 in all, of which 8 are starters and 3-4 additional significant contributors, I don't think it's entirely out of the question that Cooper could go elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Sure we could, but if you have the ability to have Gallup, resign Cobb and draft a receiver and a very loaded receiver class, would you rather put the tag on Byron or Coop?

Not saying a rookie receiver would replace Coop, but Cobb had a very quiet 800 yards last year and knows the offense. The free agent receiver class isnt too shabby either.

It may be easier replacing most of Coops production than it would be Byron's, especially seeing how poor Lewis and Cheeto played this year.

I would love to keep all 3, but if we have to keep an eye on our spend, it might make more sense to keep Jones.

I would sign Dak, franchise Amari, and transition Byron. Short of that, Byron is for sure the player I'd let walk. Amari is a difference maker on the more important side of the ball.

2 hours ago, CAPJ said:

Can Byron be tagged? I don't know the "rule". After X amount of years a vet can't be tagged can they?

Cobb knowing the offense, well, that offense is getting ready to change though isn't it with a new coach?

Edit: However, I just realized Cobb has already played for him. So I guess that's what you're referring to.

Edited by HDsportsfan

59 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Can Byron be tagged? I don't know the "rule". After X amount of years a vet can't be tagged can they?

Cobb knowing the offense, well, that offense is getting ready to change though isn't it with a new coach?

Edit: However, I just realized Cobb has already played for him. So I guess that's what you're referring to.

Byron can be tagged. I believe you can tag any player up to 3 years in a row unless it is in their contract.

Correct, Cobb played with McCarthy in Green Bay.