2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

Don’t know if it makes a ton of sense for Clowney. I’d take less money to be on a team I KNOW I’m starting on. Don’t know if the Eagles would just give up on Barnett in a very crucial year. Both players need all the snaps they can get. I guess in a 3 man rotation they would all get “starter” snaps. However, they would still have to make a decision on either Barnett or Clowney at the end of the year. Good problem to have but JC could benefit playing somewhere else to pump his numbers up and go after the contract he wants next year. 

I mean, I could make it work. Sign Clowney on a prove it deal, trade or re-up DB, most likely release BG in 2021, long term extend Clowney.  Money could work out. 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

*whispers* Everson Griffin is better than Clowney. Pass it on 

Sure, if we're taking Griffin on a 1 maybe 2 year deal. I'll entertain the idea. It'd be good to rotate him in and and out. However if it's Long Term as a primary starting player. Give me Clowney.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Sure, if we're taking Griffin on a 1 maybe 2 year deal. I'll entertain the idea. It'd be good to rotate him in and and out. However if it's Long Term as a primary starting player. Give me Clowney.

Eagles don’t have the future cash to sign either of them beyond this year