2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He's always been an ok OC...but yeah...we need someone with the experience and stones to totally redo the offense to feature Carson's strengths.
The fact it took them the entire season to realize "Oh hey...maybe we should roll him out...on purpose?!?" was baffling.

I still don't think they know what his strengths are. Doug and DeFlip brought the RPO game and spread from KC/Clev, Reich brought some pro style elements. 

I wonder how much scouting/evaluation does the coaching staff do of pro personnel/rookie class?  

2 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

He is but I don’t think that’s permanent. He just was retired so he committed to that coaching gig and didn’t want to back out when he came out of retirement 

All true, but I think this is his kid and he's got a younger one playing at the lower level...I wouldn't be surprised if he committed FT to that. 

13 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

I would love Jay Gruden. Idk if he would be down with being a coordinator again though.

Not sure either but that's a name to watch. I'm sure he'd love a chance to stick it to his old boss twice a year for the next two or three years. 

Just now, Scalamania said:
16 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

I would love Jay Gruden. Idk if he would be down with being a coordinator again though.

Not sure either but that's a name to watch. I'm sure he'd love a chance to stick it to his old boss twice a year for the next two or three years. 

Yeah he should be on the list. Though he might hold out for a place he can call plays. Plenty of OC spots still open